free hit
counters
Copenhagen Belt Fest - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Copenhagen Belt Fest

As Sparky know, we spoke earlier today and sorted the issues with the missing 3.

All is now on rail according to plans. Scissor lift is ready and 2 allu jacks also.

The workshop awaits the team!

post-5084-0-94313200-1434922637.jpg

Spectators are welcome to cheer the team!

post-5084-0-00054500-1434922667.jpg

Hopefully! see you to the Belt Fest in Copenhagen!

/Kim

/Kim 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A scissor lift and a dry garage? Sparky won't be able to cope with them.   Here's what you need do do:- Go to the local garden centre, get several bags of small-sized gravel. Spread it out on the fl

Headed out to my summer cottage today, a 417 km drive and I was hesitant whether to take the jagg or the SE since the SE has been giving me headaches the last 10 days. But.... I reasoned like this, if

Not many car communities would want to pull Sparky off to be fair...

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Blimey, that's a lotta seats to fill.

I'll chat with Chris today and put together a final plan...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Best relocate the event to an indoor ski-center then? 

I'll reroute the entire Nordic import supply of PG Tips to copenhagen for the duration of the event. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Woohooo! It'll be just like home.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

And less tea, no matter how hard they try.  Hopeful on the gin front though.

• Gold FFM

Anyhow, it's on!  Chris and I are now booked on flights.  We'll be travelling out Thursday evening, and staying at Kim's place for the first night.  Then off to the factory in Roskilde on Friday.  We'll be staying until Monday night for a bit of R&R after all the hard work we'll be pretending to do.

I've ordered 5 Gates cambelts, a multitude of aux belts, and will be ordering the tensioners from PNM tomorrow.  Bibs, I think there's one factory order to fulfil, but I'll confirm tomorrow.

Points to consider:

As previously stated, everyone is encouraged to join in and do as much work as possible to help the production line move along efficiently.  Removal of undertray, coolant, hoses etc. can all happen before we do the important bits.

Cooling systems to be drained outside before the car is put into position.

Bring coolant!

Bring spare jubilee clips and any other consumables you can lay your hands on, just in case.

Belt tension will be done with a Krikit, followed by Speedy Spectrum on my phone.

Does anyone have a timing light?  I can bring one, but if there's something local it saves me carrying it.

Axle stands are mandatory if we are to do any cars in parallel.  I don't work under jacks!

I shall endeavour to provide you individually with parts costs before I arrive.  Payment preferred in GBP!

Crankshaft pulleys - if they're tight, we need PlusGas or equivalent, bits of wood, club hammer, puller, dynamite etc.

I tend not to drink alcohol whilst working, but I'll make up for it later.

I'm sure there's more; I'll think about it...

Saturday the 4th of July, we will have a Belt Barbecue, I put up 2 grills and some steaks, hopefully provide local beer and other fluid substances for intake.

Would prefer anyone to sign up if I should take care of the shopping. This apply to all aliens travelling from abroad...

Danish Esprit owner and other Lotus Club Denmark will be invited.

/Kim

/Kim 

I'll arrive on Saturday and leave on Sunday. BBQ, Danish beer and a lot of Esprits.... could it be any better  :)

========================================
Torque times RPM equals horsepower!

• Gold FFM

It could, if Kim can organise the dancing girls...

• Gold FFM

Hmmmm...almost.

Sounds like fun. Have a blast guys. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Kim, I'll be attending along with my better half. 

• Gold FFM

One more important item - a press, or a BIG vice, for the tensioner bearings.  I've already told Kim; hopefully at least one person can provide a solution?

Il'l check locally if the company we are visiting still have a press, otherwise wel'l get one Sparky!!

Still free chairs for the specators! Call in anyone!

1, Sparky

2. Internets

3. Kim (DK)

4. Gert V (DK)

5. Martin V. (DK)

6. Jaques (DK)

7. Henrik (Corban) (SE)

8. Hotta (DK)

9. The Real Stig (DK)

10. Vanya and Mrs (SE)

/Kim 

I might be blind but... where exactly is this factory? Is there an address? 

Hi Vanya, you are not blind!

Here it is:

Erhvervsparken 7

DK-4621 Gadstrup

Denmark.

Link to Google Maps: https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Erhvervsparken+7,+4621+Gadstrup/@55.3448142,12.9919867,8z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4652f5a745ab94a9:0x8f9dbc55b3a34b5f

Wally

We will surely be at the factory sunday midday. We have sunday as a recovery day. Just call +4540553606 and ask!

Please be quiet since we might also recover form saturday night  :ice:

/Kim

/Kim 

• Gold FFM

Parts update:  plenty of supply issues at the moment!  The factory is out of belts, and tensioner supply (good ones) has become a serious issue.  However, I've managed to secure enough Gates cam/aux belts, and I have PNM's last stock of tensioners on the way.  So, good for the CPH trip, but I'll be scrabbling around trying to sort out the rest of July!

Jacques, hoping you're OK with a Gates 5206.  Believe me, it's absolutely fine.

I am ready with coolant, demineralized Water, oil, general tools, a few hose clips etc.

Sparky, it's okay with the belt. I hope we will have the good tensioners !!!

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)