free hit
counters
Copenhagen Belt Fest - Page 5 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Copenhagen Belt Fest

• Gold FFM

Yes, I pay more for the good ones!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A scissor lift and a dry garage? Sparky won't be able to cope with them.   Here's what you need do do:- Go to the local garden centre, get several bags of small-sized gravel. Spread it out on the fl

Headed out to my summer cottage today, a 417 km drive and I was hesitant whether to take the jagg or the SE since the SE has been giving me headaches the last 10 days. But.... I reasoned like this, if

Not many car communities would want to pull Sparky off to be fair...

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

post-4129-0-63554200-1435338577.jpg

Game on.  There appears to be a cambelt and tensioner drought in the UK, but I've managed to acquire 5 shipsets.  Jacques - working on your spare right now.  Pete says that tensioner prices are about to rocket, and my general supplier was trying to charge me about £10 more per belt!  We came to an agreement.   :thumbsup:

Each set is £80 (actually just a few pennies over but who cares, this will make it easier for you to pay me), and includes Gates cambelt, 3 aux belts and a good tensioner bearing.  All I need to do now is get them to CPH!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

That, my friend, is pure art on that Picture;)

MMMmmmm, me like!

Now all we need, is for you to get in in on a diplomat passport, so to be sure nobody messes them up ;)

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

In our world, yes.  Not sure the authorities would agree...

Diplomatic Immunity!!!!

post-14356-0-36956600-1435395477.jpg

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

That didn't end well though did it :lol:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

I believe he was shot for his bad accent.

So what accent would be the life saving one, when moving around in an Esprit?

London British, northern British, scottish, german, italian, aussie, or french accent?

Hmm, maybe even Danish accent, as our former prime minister(s) spoke it rather badly ;) (just as I do, ha ha).

And while at it, what would be the correct way to address a police officer, when driving an Esprit?

example given: Dear Sir, Mister, Mam, rozzer, dude, schweinhund, copper, monsieur Flic, Brother, eggshell, yo man, or?

All right, off to the Esprit, servicing the right side window mec. ;)

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Today four of us have gathered to set up our workshop for the Copenhagen Belt Fest 2015.

Lift, tools and other stuff are ready for the Team.

Anyone who want to visit us and enjoy, sign up. Weather will be fine from thursday and up to 32 degree C. on sunday.

post-5084-0-43270300-1435515429.jpg

/Kim

/Kim 

• Gold FFM

I sure hope there's enough room to swing a spanner in there.

Your 12mm will be just fine I'm sure :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi

Looking foreward to learn some tricks..

Is there an address an a schedule?

The Real Stig Lotus Turbo Esprit, Lotus Elise S1, Lotus Elite, Lancia Delta, Jaguar XF ....Previous cars: Subaru SVX, Porsche 924 Turbo, Lotus Eclat Excel, Lotus Elite, Matra Murena 2,2, Fiat X1/9 5sp

• Gold FFM

I can teach you how to juggle?

Schedule starts Friday, I believe. Plan is for cambelt work Friday/Saturday, contingency Sunday. And some drinking in the evenings. I believe the address is in a previous post?

What time on Friday/Saturday, roughly?

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Hopefully Kim will answer that one - he's the sheepdog.

Baaaaaa

• Gold FFM

Chris and I will just do what we're told.

• Gold FFM

Another shout out for stuff that will help...

I'm bringing a few tools that I find make the job easier, but there's a limit on what I can carry.  Pretty much covered for most things except for screwdrivers - which I'm sure you guys can provide - and pry bars/levers.  These may be required to move/tension alternator etc.  Also, I've normally got a nice big hammer, lumps of wood, PlusGas or whatever to help get the crankshaft pulleys off - please provide these if possible.

I've seen the scissor lift - excellent!  Can we count on jacks/stands or maybe ramps as well?

And don't forget press or large vice!

After all that lot, it'll be a breeze.  I'm sure there'll be no Lotus surprises at all.   :whistle: