free hit
counters
Copenhagen Belt Fest - Page 7 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Copenhagen Belt Fest

Hahahahhaah 48!? 

Yes indeed. We drink Friday. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A scissor lift and a dry garage? Sparky won't be able to cope with them.   Here's what you need do do:- Go to the local garden centre, get several bags of small-sized gravel. Spread it out on the fl

Headed out to my summer cottage today, a 417 km drive and I was hesitant whether to take the jagg or the SE since the SE has been giving me headaches the last 10 days. But.... I reasoned like this, if

Not many car communities would want to pull Sparky off to be fair...

Posted Images

Well, since I don't drink, that is some more beer for you, as I have mentioned earlier ;)

Eventually we can start an Esprit and give it the beans, to see, how far we can shoot an empty can with the exhaust flames, and other Olympic disciplines. I am sure, Kim or Gert will volounteer for that with their super polished cars, while I am preparing mine for something else.

More beers are just a short drive away. I plan to bring my Esprit Friday morning, and then get a ride back to Copenhagen, and bring my Corrado, beers, tools, tent etc. directly after.

Btw. how about a decibel tool?

Sparky: I have changed to gbp.

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

The more tools - and beers - the merrier!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Leaving from work tonight (not a long journey) so if it ain't in my bag now, it ain't coming! Chris, let me know what time you're likely to be at T5. Kim, ETA 2150, Operations/ATC/weather permitting...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Beltfest starts with a flight delay! A taste of things to come?

• Gold FFM

Pushback!

Fortunately you're with BA.

Ryanair just lost their definitive courtcase yesterday here in Denmark.  ;)  ;)  ;)  So, they may be hit by strike.

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

Good - they get what they deserve!

In Kim's car. Now the trouble starts...

• Gold FFM

Oooh, more beer.

Right, 007, just remember the form when operating in a foreign country: Stiff upper lip, and all that. Wear the 3-piece tweed suit and tie at all times and speak in a posh accent. You'll need to drop that infernal Watford dialect and inflexion if you're to succeed in your mission. Make sure your brogues are immaculately polished, too. Be careful of the locals trying to bribe you with beer, they can be a proper nuisance. Naturally MI6 will deny all knowledge of your mission ever taking place. Good luck, we'll smoke you a kipper for when you get back. Toddle pip old bean.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Manners maketh man.

Shouldn't you be in bed?

I wonder if the Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini clubs / forums etc have belt fests? The concept is great and somewhere in the back of my mind I kind of hope that it is only Lotus people who do this. Not that I begrudge (google translate, hope it is the right word) the other super car fanatics the concept, it is more a feeling of choosing the right make. Along the lines, right car- right people.

Been pampering my SE the afternoon and evening, fixed the bad breather hose replacement (1" hose changed for the right size). Noticed when I had the 1/4 panels removed that there was no "Ram" air intake, fixed that too, so my knuckles are torn and bloody already in anticipation of the coming weekend. Is there ONE thing on the Esprit you can unscrew/change without bending over backwards (litteraly) or cutting yourself?   :)

========================================
Torque times RPM equals horsepower!

Is there ONE thing on the Esprit you can unscrew/change without bending over backwards (litteraly) or cutting yourself?   :)

Yes!

Its the......

errrrr.

Um. The um, you know, err.

No. There isn't. Sparky is quadruple jointed though, which helps!

Have fun guys! Take photos. Lots of 'em. (insert emoticon taking photos here)

:)

And you don't need a guitar. Wait for the drinking songs to kick in. :cheers:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Corban, I think the door cards can be removed without cuts and bruises... Sometimes...But I hear you: My hands are aldrady cut up and in pain from tinkering with two Esprits all week long...

I just got up over at Comwell, I'll cya at around 10:30 or so!

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8