free hit
counters
Evora N/A Mods - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Kalli

Evora N/A Mods

Gents,

A few questions. I've attempted to search the site, google, and on other forums but all i'm getting are dead ends/links. So I apologise in advance if i've duplicated anything...

• CAI Radiums are no longer produced according to my research... So what alternatives are there that are available for purchase currently? And where would you buy them from? And what price on average?

• Secondly, exhausts. I'm pondering the thought of getting a Larini backbox in the future, but again i've no idea with modifying a Lotus as to where to order from and who to fit it with (in the south east). Would this also do the decat mod, or is this seperate? And is it the decat worthwhile?

• Finally, what other simple mods are there to increase bhp? To my knowledge, it's mainly just those two, but I might have overlooked something? 

The final point to add, is this is my daily drive. So if i'm being stupid here re noise/droning, please do say! :D

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

got a used radium with a decat and lotus sports box for sale... options are a boe intake or komotec intake. most popular are exhaust options are 2ubular, larini and the lotus sports box. i changed my set up for a full 2ubular system with headers etc

got a used radium with a decat and lotus sports box for sale... options are a boe intake or komotec intake. most popular are exhaust options are 2ubular, larini and the lotus sports box. i changed my set up for a full 2ubular system with headers etc

Did you switch to a BOE or KomoTec CAI, with your full 2ubular Headers-Downpipe-Metallic Cat set up ?

If so, did the combination of the CAI with the full 2bular set up require an ECU Reflash Tune to prevent a CEL ?

What Muffler Box did you go to from the Lotus Sport Muffler you have for sale ?

Edited by Bobsy Racer

i went from a radium+lotus sports exhaust (blue tips)+decat to a full 2ubular setup (exhaust+headers)+boe intake+koldfire tune.

no cel with either set up

no cel before the tune either

Kalli,

For a daily driver with a bit more fizz and air through the engine I'd recommend a Lotus (janspeed) blue tip and Larini DeCat.

It makes it sound like a proper Lotus without getting loud.

Blue tip cost varies, the Larini can be bought for £150 from Eliseshop... Fitting depends but I was charged for 3hrs.

Definitely do it, don't know why Lotus don't offer it as standard. The standard car just sounds like a V6. Nice but not aggressive enough for the looks and performance level.

Gents,

A few questions. I've attempted to search the site, google, and on other forums but all i'm getting are dead ends/links. So I apologise in advance if i've duplicated anything...

• CAI Radiums are no longer produced according to my research... So what alternatives are there that are available for purchase currently? And where would you buy them from? And what price on average?
  • Secondly, exhausts. I'm pondering the thought of getting a Larini backbox in the future, but again i've no idea with modifying a Lotus as to where to order from and who to fit it with (in the south east). Would this also do the decat mod, or is this seperate? And is it the decat worthwhile?
  • Finally, what other simple mods are there to increase bhp? To my knowledge, it's mainly just those two, but I might have overlooked something?
The final point to add, is this is my daily drive. So if i'm being stupid here re noise/droning, please do say! :D
Worth doing tom, my decat and (noisiest 6 inch) 2bular back box is absolutely fine on the motorway. It's also pretty straight forward fitting, happy to give you a hand, I did mine myself. If you want a garage - Back on Track, Jez does mine and (the other) Toms.

The lotus sport box is also a 6inch system, so noise wise should be fairly similar to mine.

Edited by Colin P

got a used radium with a decat and lotus sports box for sale...

Interesting. Where might these be advertised?

Hi Khyber,

Can you also send me details of how much you want for back box please. I have a decat and have been waiting far too long for my local exhaust company to make one for me!

Many thanks,

David Walters

I have a 2ubular and radium cai. Both are quiet in the right driving conditions and only really get noisy if you up the revs!

Mines a daily drive and I don't regret it for an second.

Edited by Ryanmt

i went from a radium+lotus sports exhaust (blue tips)+decat to a full 2ubular setup (exhaust+headers)+boe intake+koldfire tune.

no cel with either set up

no cel before the tune either

Is there a reason why you chose the BOE CAI, vs the KomoTec CAI ??

I have the full 2bular Headers-Downtube-Metallic Cat and Lotus Sport Muffler set up installed on my NA Evora, and have been wanting to add the CAI.

My concerns are:

1. That it would have excessive induction noise, on top of the header set up,

2. and, it would have a mixture issue and throw a CEL without a ECU Tune. 

It sounds like you had no mixture issues with the BOE CAI and 2 bular header system, without a tune ??

Do you find the the induction sound excessive, over and above the 2bular header system ??

Edited by Bobsy Racer

minimal induction noise with boe compared to the radium. i wanted the guy who fit my 2bular setup to dyno the car with the radium and then the boe..i was a bit worried about a cel with 2bular+radium. unfortunately he swapped the radium for boe before he did the dyno run:-(

only 5bhp difference between the two set ups before my koldfire tune..

isnt the komotec designed for the supercharged evora? mine is a n/a

my understanding is headers result in richer AFRs.. to maximise the advantage of a good header system a good cai helps as its leans things out. the other thing to watch out for is the engine is very very sensitive to fuel.. low octane fuels cause the engine to retard the timing with significant drop in bhp..... im no engineer but thats my understanding

Thanks for the reply all.

So my first step has been to get some barge boards. I've no idea how to install these, but time will tell!

Second step is in progress (as in...mulling over the purchase currently!) for a Larini backbox. I had one on my VX220T and loved it. However, wondering on two things. 

1. How easy is it to fit myself?

2. Are there better options? I'm obviously not wanting a droning exhaust, nor am I wanting a chav exhaust. And potentially one I can take on track days at some point. 

Thoughts?

Another vx owner!

Looking at selling my supercharged Vx to buy an NA Evora.

Hey Coco; I remember you from the forums :) Welcome. LazyDonkey's on here too, and we'll both confess it's a good move :D

• Like 1