free hit
counters
A miniscule bit of progress on 129G - Page 5 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Paul Coleman

A miniscule bit of progress on 129G

Sounds like it was worth all the effort!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
5 minutes ago, mdw said:

That looks ace , well done. Ive followed the ups and downs over the years and it all looks great.

Thanks. Yes, it literally has been years - in fact, almost a decade! In my defence I did take 2 years out to restore a 1976 Mini for my daughter.

I came close to selling it twice during that time but when things get bad you just have to shut the garage door and walk away. Sometimes I didn't touch it for months on end but I always came back to it. It took me 4 years to do the bodywork, including grafting 2ft long bits back in and making missing sections. However, I shan't be doing another one!! I wouldn't want to do that tartan interior again thanks. I can now get on with my next project... a 1965 FHC e-type which needs new floors, bonnet, boot floor engine frames... shall I go on hahaha

100_9366.JPG

• Like 1

Stellar effort, well done!

I hope you now have a long and happy relationship.

:) 

• Like 1

Look forward to seeing this on Sunday.

Maybe we should get all the white Esprits together for a photo?

Chris

I know of three white S1's going along including Paul. Perhaps we should club together and rent a trailer for @Lotusfab  and make it four !!

• Like 1

So yet another white S1 with tartan interior joins the ranks...

Still, I never get sick of seeing these, you can't beat that wedge shape and your interior looks amazing.

Interesting that you've observed road noise coming from the doors. I was actually thinking of fitting Dynamat on mine while I have everything in bits. Worth it you reckon?

Congrats Paul. Great tenacity. Something to be really proud of.

:driving:

I always selfishly get a little sad when another resto is finished. One less experienced enthusiast chasing down the latest on the forum and offering highly valued advice. So, remember us and check in from time to time.