free hit
counters
April LEGS Breakfast @ Dunbar Garden Centre & Torness Power Station - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

April LEGS Breakfast @ Dunbar Garden Centre & Torness Power Station

Posted on behalf of Andrew Laing & Sharron MacPherson

Sunday 5 April 2015 - Breakfast at Dunbar Garden Centre (10.30am) followed by a tour of Torness Power Station (12:30) 

For those wishing to take the tour of the power station we need to book in advance as all visitors have to be security cleared since it's a nuclear licensed site .

Please provide the following to [email protected]laingsfoundry.co.uk by Monday 2nd March to allow sufficient time for the security checks.

Information for site visit.

Hello 
To comply with the requirements of our site licence and our regulators, all tours must be booked in advance and visitors will be subject to security clearance processes.

All tour leaders must provide the following information for every tour participant at least 2 weeks before the scheduled tour :

Name

Address

Date of Birth

Nationality

In addition, each participant over the age of 16 must bring photographic ID on the day of the tour. A passport is the preferred form of ID, but if someone does not have a valid passport we can accept their photographic driving licence accompanied by their birth certificate (issued within six weeks of birth).

The walking tour of the station will take approximately 90 minutes and will include use of lifts, narrow corridors and over 90 stairs. The tour may not be suitable for people with walking difficulties.

Mobile phones, cameras and other electronic devices are not permitted on the tour. You will be asked to consent to a personal search which will be conducted using a handheld metal detector. Entry to site cannot proceed without this consent.

Sharron

To give an indication of numbers for breakfast please add your name to the list if attending but you MUST email Andrew Laing  [email protected]laingsfoundry.co.uk if you want to go on the power station tour.

1. AndrewC + 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great LEGS breakfast meet today 15 cars for breakfast at Dunbar then onto Torness Nuc Station for a fantastic visit. Big thanks to Sharron and Dave.

1. AndrewC + 1 2. Jason F 3. John and Marge 4. Duggie & Susan 5. Gordon + 1 6. Alan and Janet 7. Craig & Isabelle 8. Hedgerley +1 9. Mike C +1

Good news every who registered for a tour of Torness power station has been accepted. Please remember to bring your passports (those over 16).   Breakfast is beforehand at Dunbar garden centre www.d

Posted Images

1. AndrewC + 1

2. Jason F

3. John and Marge

4. Duggie

5. Gordon + 1

I've not had any confirmation that my name was added to the list for the actual visit after emailing info... could we maybe get a star by our name if we're approved for that please thanks please :)

Sadly, I leave on a school trip to Ferrari, Lamborghini, and most importantly Pagani on that day.

Wish we were going to Lotus, very sad to be missing the first club meet that I could drive to be my self :(

Will be wearing a Lotus belt all week and maybe the hat too. :P

Currently drive a Vauxhall ( first car ) One day it'll be a Lotus 

Hi Liam,

I'm intending to do those first 2 and maybe all 3 in October so will be asking you questions!  Enjoy yourself.  I wish I had done school trips like that!  - I got to such exotic places as Ravenscraig Steel Mill which has long gone.

Duggie - you are probably the only one of us that could pass as a teenager granted! Damn you.....

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

1. AndrewC + 1

2. Jason F
3. John and Marge
4. Duggie & Susan
5. Gordon + 1
6. Alan and Janet
7. Craig & Isabelle

8. Hedgerley +1

9. Mike C +1

Edited by Duggie
  • Like 1

Good news every who registered for a tour of Torness power station has been accepted. Please remember to bring your passports (those over 16).

Breakfast is beforehand at Dunbar garden centre www.dunbargardencentre.co.uk - it's located just off the A1 Spott roundabout behind Asda.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

1.   AndrewC + 1

2.   Jason F

3.   John and Marge

4.   Duggie & Susan

5.   Gordon + 1

6.   Alan and Janet

7.   Craig & Isabelle

8.   Hedgerley +1

9.   Mike C +1

10. David & Jennifer

Hi Liam,

I'm intending to do those first 2 and maybe all 3 in October so will be asking you questions!  Enjoy yourself.  I wish I had done school trips like that!  - I got to such exotic places as Ravenscraig Steel Mill which has long gone.

Duggie - you are probably the only one of us that could pass as a teenager granted! Damn you.....

Al, I did all three a few years ago. If I was to do only one, it would be Pagani - by far the best. At the time it had to be advanced booked (by a good few weeks) so would suggest checking that if you are thinking of going. There is a wee report and some pics from my trip here; http://www.scottishelises.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31449&p=374096&hilit=italy#p374096

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for that.  I may pick your brain closer to the time or see you at a Breakfast Club.  There are 3 couples going over for 8 days and 3 different towns/hotel and we will be having a gathering in a couple of months to find out what day of the holiday that the men can have the hire mobile for a clear day to escape while wives do their thing no doubt shopping as they do.  I'll need an idea of timings etc. to allow before then.  Trouble is I'm the only petrol head.  The others just have cars.

Looks like you have been a lurker on here for some time - 4 years - and only 2 posts!  :popo: I normally see you over on the other side of the jock force in SE's  Thanks for breaking your silence for me! :thumbsup:  I'm celebrating my 2001 st post with this one!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

The following is posted on behalf of Andrew Laing. If you have any queries please PM AndrewC.

Hi all

The team at Torness Power Station are looking forward to meeting all the Lotus Enthusiasts this Sunday at 12:00.

Please remember everyone coming aged 16 and over must bring photographic ID on the day of the tour. A passport is the preferred form of ID, but if someone does not have a valid passport we can accept their photographic driving licence accompanied by their birth certificate (issued within six weeks of birth).

Mobile phones, cameras and other electronic devices are not permitted on the tour. Visitors will be asked to consent to a personal search which will be conducted using a handheld metal detector. Entry to site cannot proceed without this consent.

The visitor centre will be the first building you see on the right hand side as you drive down towards the station. There is parking available in front of the centre.

Should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch with Andrew Laing.

Apologies, Dexter and I are going to have to pull out :(

Gutted, as was really looking forward to the power station tour in particular. But like a totally stupid twot I sent my passport off for renewal a little while after the Geneva Motor Show as it expires soon and I need it for a summer trip to Canadia. I almost sent it off just before the Geneva Motor Show but managed to remember in time. And it's not back yet. On top of that my partner's brother and sister-in-law turned up yesterday totally unexpectedly as a surprise visit for the Easter weekend! As he works Sunday I'm going to need to be here for at least some of the day. Sowwy :( I'm sure nobody will miss me, but hey.

All who wish meet up at our Usual place in the Hermiston Gate Retail Park car park looking down on the roundabout. Meet at 09:15 onwards for a 09:25 to 09:30 or so departure of the Convoy 10 4 Rubber Duck.