free hit
counters
Elise S2 Subwoofer Blaupunkt THB-200 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Elise S2 Subwoofer Blaupunkt THB-200

O post original deixei-o há uns anos no S E L O C mas hoje decidi trazer para aqui, mesmo que na língua original:

After much head scratching I finally managed to install my subwoofer. I wanted it to be out of sight and I didn’t fancy the idea to fit it in the rear shelf. Some part of me missed the storage space and other part feared that it could be projected out of the window in some tight hairpin. My first thought was, right behind the driver seat but no so close to the bottom of the car. The weight suggested screw in into the rear bulkhead but the vision of premium 95 octane gas pouring from a small hole made me change my mind. Then I thought near the bottom.

post-6212-0-28183700-1424855560.jpg

Perfect! Ergh...not quite. If you place it near the bottom you cannot screw the front screws of the rails because the seat gets in the way. As you know, to screw the seat in, the seat needs to be far back to reach the front screws. The only solution is to install the rails first and then the seat. Easier to say then do, because not all screws are easy to come out. In the end you have to take the lumbar pump out, unscrew the seat belt and in the other side, unscrew the seat buckle and unscrew another fixing screw. Then you can install the rails in the car and proceed with the routing of the cable (power+RCA). 

post-6212-0-01730200-1424855562.jpg

Once again I tried to get it out of site so I used the central tunnel. From here is pretty straightforward apart from the illusion that it can all go up the grommets into the radio slot. Maybe it can go but it’s not worth it when the daylight is fading away, so up the traditional route trough the A-pillar.

post-6212-0-18284900-1424855563.jpg

Missing some fixing

post-6212-0-26505600-1424855564.jpg

Final result

post-6212-0-03581000-1424855663.jpg

Now a question for all the ICE pros, what to do with so many settings?! Many of you say, “it all comes down to personal taste”, yeah, I know, but when you don’t know what the settings do, it’s a bit pointless. My head unit is an Alpine CDE-9881. The subwoofer setting in the HU has 15 levels, then I can set the Bass Centre Frequency choosing between 60Hz/80Hz/100Hz/200Hz (no idea), on top of this I have to set the Bass Bandwidth from 1 (narrow) to 4 (wide). The bass level itself goes from -7 to +7. I can also adjust the High Pass Filter from OFF/80Hz/120Hz/160Hz (clueless). Treble adjust, there’s another one I can’t understand what they mean with Treble Centre Frequency 10.0kHz/12.5kHz/15.0kHz/17.5kHz. It all gets more complicated when I get to the subwoofer. I have 11 VOL settings from MIN to MAX, 11 CROSSOVER settings from 30Hz to 120Hz and to finish it all, 11 PHASE settings from 0º to 180º 

Rui Pedro Coelho

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

O Sr. Presidente que me desculpe mas equipar o rasteirinho com hi-fi´s, subwoofer´s e similares não faz sentido para além de representar quase de certeza alguns segundos a mais dos 0 aos 100.

Melhor mesmo é fazer uns upgrades à linha de escape (= a retirar mais algumas gorduras) e aumentar os db´s em andamento. É bem mais agradável para quem conduz o Elise e para quem o vê passar.

Falando em coisas mais úteis, vejo nas fotos do Elise do Rui, entre os assentos um tubo vermelho. O que é?

Creio ser o famoso extintor de origem Russa, inventado para a exploração espacial soviética. Será que estou a pensar bem?

Cumprimentos e obrigado ao Rui pelo excelente trabalho de divulgação de novidades na página do Clube.

(lamento mas ainda resisto a aderir às redes sociais)

It that red thing really a Soviet Space Program fire extinguisher Rui?! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Phew, just technology from the Space Program, not the actual extinguisher!  :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It would be quite cool, in a retro kinda way but I'm not sure how effective it would still be, having been to space and back :lol:

Evora NA