free hit
counters
thinking of buying an Evora - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
paul.p

thinking of buying an Evora

Hi all I am thinking of buying a silver Evora that is based in the midlands  it has 32K on the clock and its a 2011MY its not with a Lotus dealer and has missed a Lotus dealer service  any tips appreciated  on price and what to look for    cheers.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Erm......go see it and some others at lotus dealers and compare......

What's the money if it's not rude

I wouldn't be that worried about a single missed service, the engines are pretty solid. Make sure it's had all the recalls done as it'll be out of warranty now though and have a scour through the Evora tech sections on here to see what problems other owners have had on the cars. 

• Like 1

One missed service shouldn't be an issue but you could get dealers cars with similar/ less mileage for around that price and have the peace of mind of dealer standards and aftermarket warranty. Check the Murray Lotus site for a couple of similar cars.

• Like 1

If it has missed a service check the oil level - they are not renowned for using oil but you really don't want it to have run low for any time. Also check what service is due as some can involve quite a lot of work. It will be coming up for it's 4th year service which includes coolant and transmission oil

• Like 1

Recalls are v important. If done then no worries and buy with confidence, it's a Toyota engine!! If not then ££££.££'s of potential extra cost to sort it out.

The bigger issue with a car that missed the service is the question how hard the owner was behind getting all the typical niggles sorted out and all the recalls done. Things to definitely look for would include:

• The clutch pedal, particularly when the car was hot and has cooled down
  • The shifter, trouble getting into 2nd,3rd gears, or 5th, 6th at high RPM. Could be just the adjustment, could be a much more expensive clutch job
  • Steering wheel knocks when turned full
  • Gaps and fit on all the body parts, particularly the bumper and front clam
  • Navigation, the Alpine has been known to fail
  • The subwoofer has been known to blow out

Mind you, most of these aren't hard to fix, but do cost money getting solved once the warranty is over.

• Like 1

I thought there was a recent thread saying that the steering "judder" on full lock was supposed to be like that?

Yes did look at that one on the internet looks good I could go over with you to look around .

Nice yellow one for sale ex Lotus manager car for sale .

• Like 1

I thought there was a recent thread saying that the steering "judder" on full lock was supposed to be like that?

It is. It's the Anti-Ackerman geometry.

It is. It's the Anti-Ackerman geometry.

BUT there was also a recall due to fitting a wrong bushing on the collumn that was leading to a clicking sound.

hi  thanks for your kind offers of help just to clarify that the last service was done in January by a non lotus garage which I can presume it was only a filter and oil change, this would be the four year service so it would need to go to a lotus dealer to have the correct work done any ideas of the cost of a fourth year service?

Also check the Panel with the air vents by the engine cover hinges if not set right will crack the cover .

Eddie .

post-4467-0-00422100-1425062390.jpg

Mine being fixed Snows Lotus Fingers Crossed Ken dealing with the issue .

thanks for that      is the clutch an issue on a 32 k miles car?