free hit
counters
Excel Tyres - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I see that 215/50 15s are no longer available, so I assume that 205/50 15s are the way to go.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best make to get.

Thanks

Chris

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Cris,

I use the Yokohama AS01 205/50 vr15 for some years. No complains, very good for normal sporty use.

Cheers,

Jean

Hi Jean, thanks for that, reasonable price as well.

I've got Vredestein Sportrac 3s on my Esprit, has anyone run them on an Excel?

Chris

Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002 205/50/15 W is the best tire you can offer your car. Superb when dry, very good in damp and wet conditions.

I use 225 width tyres but you need 10mm wheel spacers and longer studs or the tyres scrub the inner wing on full lock.

I have only just had them on the car so cant comment on grip or noise.

I use Toyo Proxes T1-R 205/50 R15 89V.

I'd recommend them for daily use. I don't do track days, so I can't comment in that area.

Bought Vredestein Sportrac 5 205/55 R15s - the 55s rather that the 50s on the recommendation of GST.

Chris

How much were they Chris? Gonna need a set on my new ride and it currently has 225's on it that rub on the wheel arch.

you bought the one on e bay?

Aah just seen the other thread congratulations

I had the same issue with the rubbing, and I also had three different makes of 225s on the car so I replaced all 5 tyres with 205/55s and got them from here

http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/car-tyres/vredestein/sportrac-5/205-55-r15-tl-88-v.html

Took around a week from order to delivery (direct to GST)

Would be good to see you at Duxford next week and at Brooklands the week after. I'll be in my Excel at Duxford so we could compare notes.

Chris

Kimbers: dont mess around with second or even worse class tires on a Sportscar. Buy some proper ones to get the feel what the Excel is able to deliver. Just sayin...

I have Bridgestone Potenza 205/50 on the front and Cheaper (Roadstone) 225/50 on the back, The roadstone felt a bit funny so running them 5 psi higher pressure and are Ok but will go back to bridgestones when they wear out

I really like the kumho ecsta tyres - they say summer on them - but feel superb in the wet to me