free hit
counters
Demolition planned for first Lotus factory - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Demolition planned for first Lotus factory

martynw

Dead link here. Being the council are they Mon-Fri 9-5 only?

It's Haringey! Borough of 57 languages and the late Bernie Grant. Everything goes in a fireproof box after midday!

Dave.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Like one of those time capsule thingies?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bibs

the plans dont show demolition........the proposed plans and elevations look like they maintain the building....

they do look like theyre removing the dormers to the workshop roof.....and covering the glazing of the original ground floor showroom......

and modifying one of the garage doors in the workshop

or have I missed something?

cheers

G

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

It needs to become a listed building so it can retain as much character as possible from when it was Lotus. If they turn it into a modern, in-use building it'll be no better than Trigger's broom.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

true and I do agree.......

and once they have had planning permission.....tends to follow that future permissions are easier to obtain.....

so if they get permission to alter...then in a few years they can get permission to demolish the lot.........seen it before......

and looking at Jewsons and this site...I'm guessing that demolition is their end goal

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• 3 years later...

Resurrection of thread due to repeated threat.  Received an email from Rob who runs the west area of Club Lotus with the following news:

I see from this planning application Masterplan below that LOTUS at
Delamare Road is slated to be redeveloped in to the Cheshunt Lakeside
Urban Village.

I have looked at the schematic from the proposal against an aerial view
of Delamare Road and it appears that the former LOTUS factory will
disappear under this development.

Please see the link below:
 spacer.png

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Any chance the current factory will get involved here and help fending it off or get involved in a redevelopment that helps the heritage?

The reality is that area will end up redeveloped at one point as it is idle real estate and that doesn’t make sense here so if it can be developed in a way that enhances the heritage by making it more visible and with the company getting involved this could make it a better place and a place we would want to go to.

As regards Delamere Road I spoke with the folks from Monster Gym yesterday (they use the old Team Lotus/Lotus 7 production area) they and Plastek House (the old factory) says they still have 8/9 years lease left so should be fine for the time being.

• Like 2