free hit
counters
2bular Carbon Tips - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
ChrisBuer

2bular Carbon Tips

Jim contacted me earlier to show me some photos of an idea he had for my upcoming exhaust system on my V6.

We're going to go with carbon tips and I think they're going to look great against the black valance rear section :D

These are prototypes that have not yet been secured in place but they give you the idea.

svs9gev.png

3stwVDE.png

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nice tips. Think they'll look smart on the car with another bit contrasting the yellow, going to be a very cool car.

Wonder if he'll do that tip for the pig snout...

It's funny you mention that as when he sent me the photos and also said that he had a Lamborghini LP640 tip that would fit but that it probably needed a black coating:

dNqbPZO.png

Here's one more of the carbon tips. The second picture I posted above shows the pipe in the tip, but this will be set back and the tip connected to the end.

The tips are 100mm each.

XyXHf9n.png

Edited by ChrisBuer

That looks even better as they'll not look like 'pea shooter' exhausts . V smart.... I'll ring about mine now :)

• Like 1

That looks even better as they'll not look like 'pea shooter' exhausts . V smart.... I'll ring about mine now :)

I posted on SELOC and it's obvious that the average inteligence over there is much lower than on here. Jim told me that the pipes showing in the second picture had slipped forward because they had not been secured. He just quickly photographed them.

The pipe itself will sit right back and these will connect on the end. How anyone can call 2 x 100mm tips pea shooters is beyond me. You can see from my last picture the size of the actual tips. The Carbon section is just a slip on over the top, much like Akrapovic do on the BMWs.

The reason I'm looking at this finish is because I want something that will subtly fit into the valance without looking too over the top. Dark carbon against a black valance should achieve this.

Forgive them for they know not what they say etc etc

Get your cleaning rags out though as I'm constantly cleaning my tip from all the over fuelled deposits (or maybe I'm not driving it hard enough...).....nor is that a euphemism

Be good to hear the the full tubular set up , only heard a part system at Hangar 111 and that was rather good.

Can't be long now for yours to be built. Roll on springtime!

Forgive them for they know not what they say etc etc

Get your cleaning rags out though as I'm constantly cleaning my tip from all the over fuelled deposits (or maybe I'm not driving it hard enough...).....nor is that a euphemism

Be good to hear the the full tubular set up , only heard a part system at Hangar 111 and that was rather good.

Can't be long now for yours to be built. Roll on springtime!

I actually got the call that my car will go into production next week and I'm hoping to obtain an estimated completion date on Monday :) Very excited now.

Cleaning the tips won't be a problem as I'm a bit of a detailing enthusiast and will probably nano coat them to keep them looking good :D

Jim tells me the full 2bular system sounds like a Ferrari when on full chat. There is no silencing at all when the valve is fully open.

Edited by ChrisBuer
  • Like 2

Cleaning the tips won't be a problem as I'm a bit of a detailing enthusiast and will probably nano coat them to keep them looking good :D

Tell me about it... the Lotus is running that rich that the tips get sooted black in a matter of seconds (when the loud pedal is properly pressed).

Like the carbon tips.  100mm might be a bit big, no?

• Like 1

Jim tells me the full 2bular system sounds like a Ferrari when on full chat. There is no silencing at all when the valve is fully open.

how it ought to sound then!

Tell me about it... the Lotus is running that rich that the tips get sooted black in a matter of seconds (when the loud pedal is properly pressed).

Like the carbon tips. 100mm might be a bit big, no?

If you go with the dual tips they need to be 100mm to fill the gap in the valance

Really keen to know how the full 2ublar system sounds like on the v6, appreciate some video footage after install! Cheers

Guys - I've posted several videos of my full 2ubular set up already. As has Saj. You need to gover to the Evora pages and check them out. It's brutal........ headers, 200cell cat, valved exhaust:

http://vid918.photobucket.com/albums/ad28/anthonyyule/2ubular%20Exhaust%20test_zps1zwqf0bn.mp4

Edited by anthonyyule
  • Like 1