free hit
counters
I purchased a car at last - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
jako999

I purchased a car at last

Hi thanks for your help I have put a deposit down on a 2009 Elise SC in burnt orange 2 owner and 32,000 miles. Its coming from Lotus Silverstone so should be all ok.

Part of the deal is the TRD upgrade and a Lotus stage3 exhaust which it now seems may be a mistake so do I go for a 2bular or a Larini I want it to shout when I give it a few revs but then not to much all the time and is the TRD from Toyota the best because I know there is a Hurricane or I have a K&N in the garage that may fit so no point in wasting the cash I know that the TRD and exhaust are an £800 part of the deal so could I spend the money better? Can't wait to get the car though and start driving it :fun:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yep.

Congrats as well. :thumbup:

Can't wait to get the car though and start driving it :fun:

This, then start worrying about modifications :D

Very nice. Do well.

Buddsy

Here it is on the forecourt. I think it may need black stripes and black alloys?post-17440-0-49576700-1425170483.jpg

and a black filler cap surround and black Lotus lettering ;) for the full black look.

Look's really nice as is that said.

We took an extended test drive in a Elise S with a stage/level 3 (the OEM upgrade) exhaust and felt it was ok not too shouty when off the gas at least that was our preception inside :) It does sound lovely though when you want it to.

Be worth seeing if Silverstone have a car with the exhaust drive it and see.

Great colour Silverstone Lotus mine did have stage 2 and that was loud .

Very nice:-)

Why are you thinking the level 3 is a mistake? Everyone has a preference of course, but the level 3 is the sports exhaust that lotus specify for the s/c cars (level 2 not recommended for s/c and is louder)

If it's part of the deal I'd go with that and be sure they give you the OE exhaust as well. You can then decide if it's not for you and you feel the need to try something else and sell the level 3.

Again, I'd get them to add the TRD air box (presume that's what you mean by TRD upgrade?) if it's part of the deal, but leave you the OE parts as well.

Enjoy!

I have spoke to the dealer today and changed the exhaust to a 2Bular as after a lot of reading it seems to be what most people recommend. The only down side is it will take approximately 3 weeks so it looks like I will be picking up the car with out the exhaust and have to go back for it :( now i've brought it I want it to drive I cant wait the 3 weeks :fun:

Cool, is it the re-packable version?

Believe the s/c has a habit of blowing the packing out of all exhausts in time, hence 2bular do the re-packable option 

I'm not sure Lotus Silverstone are sorting it out I will have to find out.