free hit
counters
Elise TroubleShooting - Speedo Tach irratic behaviour - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Unacceptable Neville

Elise TroubleShooting - Speedo Tach irratic behaviour

I hope this is in the correct location for my question.

I have had my 2012 Elise CR on trickle charge for a while (a long time) and today when I started it up (starts fine) I noticed that the console lights are out and the tacho and speedo are moving on their own. It seems to be going through some startup routine as occasionally the idiot lights flash.

Even with the ignition on and the engine not running,.

The car idles and starts without issue all headlights taillights etc are fine.

Took a chance and drove it up and down the road (without issue) but the problem persists.

Tomorrow morning its due for a service and im reluctant to drive it the required 80klms there, without a working speedo, fuel gauge and oil/temp lights.

Has anyone encountered this same issue before?

Im not keen on guess work and battery disconnecting as I don't want the hassle of alarm codes/stereo codes etc,

Is there a secondary battery in the Elise (I assume for storing the log and codes) that may be flat?

Any help much appreciated.

thankyou,

Gerard.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi, I have a 2002 Elise S2, and I have very similar trouble, its very intermittent with all the small tell tale lights flashing and needles  going hay wire. doesn't effect the driving or outside lights, I have changed the Instrument pack, still the same, Any ideas would be helpful. Cheers

You can reset the Stack my disconnecting the battery for 30+ seconds. :)

Have disconnected battery on a few occasions , but does not seem to fix the problem, wondering if its the stack itself

I read on a forum that some members had heat related issues with their stacks, so I put mine in a bag and put in the freezer for 20 minutes, refitted after and it was ok, until about 10 minutes it started playing up, so I think the fault is the stack unit itself, This was on a hot day. now looking at options

Edited by rob h