free hit
counters
Prospective owner. - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Prospective owner.

CocoPops

• Gold FFM

I think I'm looking at NA cars rather than S, due to budget (30k ish) to replace a VX220 that is supercharged (260bhp).

Am I right in thinking S cars automatically have 19/20 wheels?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

And IPS is only on Evora S?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Hi and welcome :)

Yes and no in that order. I had an Evora IPS NA as part of the Long Term Tests we did...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/category/latest-news/long-term-tests/

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Coco; one thing to emphasise if you're looking at NA over the S... it's cheaper to buy an S now than it will be buying an NA and supercharging it later. So if that's your potential gameplan, stack a bit more beforehand and get an S. You also then get the better quality parts more often than not. That said, I had a VXT and i'm perfectly chuffed with my NA :) 

To my knowledge there are very few NA IPS out there due to the IPS being released at the same time as the S (i believe). It also doesnt have the torque that the S has to truly make the IPS shine. But that's from other peoples statements, rather than my own! Just be mindful also of the inherent extra costs of an S when it comes to tyres etc over the standard Evora 18/19's and the lower MPG figures!

On the flipside theres a benefit for the IPS against manuals. 3k for a clutch change. Due to the design, the entire engine needs to be dropped for a clutch change. Apparently some places have managed to do it quicker and cheaper, but I dont think any of us have had to change a clutch yet outside of warranty.

Definitely have a read of Bib's long term tests. They're pretty much the bible for all of us during our purchasing. 

What region are you from again?

Welcome to TLF Lee. :welcome: You should duck over to the Introductions section and say hi as well. :)

Best of luck looking for an Evora.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Just starting to find out where the Evora owners hide... they don't appear to use Seloc (is that a banned word around here?).

So I think it's an NA I'm looking for, don't fancy 19/20 tyre replacement.

Ideally, Tech+Sport+Premium Packs and no preference on gearbox (CR or normal).

Would prefer a bright colour and an "spordee" exhaust to give it a little noise.

Hi Lee,

From Martins comment does that make you Jockenese based? If so we have lots of Evoras and experience in the LEGS section and maybe people will offer to show you theirs. Come over to LEGS section and say hi a different you are Weegie or Jock based we will add you to our PM list as well

Cheers,

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• Gold FFM

Nope, I know Martin from his VX days.

I'm a southern softy! (Berkshire, so not sure which area that falls into)

-edit-

Beaten to it.

Edited by CocoPops

Exhaust wise, it's a similar VX story :) Sounds fine, but doesnt suit the cars sporty nature. A little too tame. That said, i've got the standard exhaust and i've never been in a rush to change it. But it's definitely on the list. Budget an extra £1k if you find one without the exhaust you're after. 

Just starting to find out where the Evora owners hide... they don't appear to use Seloc (is that a banned word around here?).

It's a bit of a joke in retaliation for them registering thelotusforum.com and redirecting it to their site a couple of years back. Always make me giggle :D

We used to have a forum just for Evora owners (evoraforum.com) which had over 1,000 members before we merged into TLF 3/4 years ago. I think the bulk of internet using Evora owners are on here now. I've had 5 myself, all on loan from Lotus and I'm quite a fan of the car. Can't wait to see the 400 tomorrow in Geneva and drive it in a couple of months too :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I may be selling my Evora shortly (assuming I can secure the car I have seen)

Its an n/a with all 3 packs, a tubular (sporty sounding) exhaust, also has homelink, standard gearbox (i have seen 41mpg on a motorway run).  It has the 18 and 19 inch wheels, full dealer service history etc.

Colour is storm titanium

pm me if you are interested

• Gold FFM

Interesting, that's the second car I've had details of :thumbsup:

I'll drop you a PM, but I can't move on anything until the VX goes.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/vauxhall/vx220/supercharged-vauxhall-vx220-2003/3737921

I will drop you a PM as it could be of interest, right spec, right location (ie not Scotland!)

Just to clarify; the Evora S actually came with Stealth Grey 18"/19" wheels as standard (Silver being a non cost option) but most went for the 19"/20" Forged Wheels.

Like Bibs, I think the N/A IPS might be the pick of the bunch. I found the gear ratios to be spot on.

Bibs - I didn't know there was an evoraforum.com. Did I miss out?

Just to clarify; the Evora S actually came with Stealth Grey 18"/19" wheels as standard (Silver being a non cost option) 

This. I have the 18/19" wheels on my S :)

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

• Gold FFM

Nope, JG is a long time owner, had his black one since 2005.

But yes, there goes the neighbourhood LD.

Yea I recall the posts now; detailing tips and the like :) Well both of you; Lazy is up north, i'm down south. If you're in the neighborhood and fancy a poke around a manual NA, you're more than welcome!

• Gold FFM

Large post count there Rob!

Over a year registered and 2 posts, way to go :D

Wonder where you hang out still.... ;)

• Gold FFM

JG; Am I right in thinking you had the multiple VXs, including a VX220R that you were trying to sell about 2 years ago?

Nope, I've had this one for 10 years this year. 

GFW_9936_zps5cebb8f4.jpg

No intention at the moment of selling it, i'm planning on compromising the everyday car (by giving the company car back) and finding an Evora to go along side something much cheaper. 

I'm going to see this one tomorrow (which is pretty much the spec i would go for)

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-3-5-2-2-sport-and-tech-packs/3117061

Really need to try both long and short gearboxes, it sounds like there is quite a difference. 

I did have my eye on a C63 but maybe chassis is more important than engine...

Yea I recall the posts now; detailing tips and the like :) Well both of you; Lazy is up north, i'm down south. If you're in the neighborhood and fancy a poke around a manual NA, you're more than welcome!

That would be great! :)

Yes, I'm afraid that reputation does follow me around a bit. This year I have actually kept the VX on the road for the winter so maybe i can reclaim a few man points...

Edited by JG220