free hit
counters
Sky F1 & HD Only - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Sky F1 & HD Only

LF1

I grudgingly subscribed to Sky when they got the F1 as it is about the only thing I watch on TV. Got the minimum to get the coverage which was the HD pack. Been reading that they are now insisting you have Sports too, I've still got the channel (been watching the testing updates), wondering if it is going to go when the season begins?

Anyone else in this situation or know any more?

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I grudgingly subscribed to Sky when they got the F1 as it is about the only thing I watch on TV. Got the minimum to get the coverage which was the HD pack. Been reading that they are now insisting you have Sports too, I've still got the channel (been watching the testing updates), wondering if it is going to go when the season begins?

Anyone else in this situation or know any more?

No I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. It was the same situation before last season, when they changed policy. I'm in the same boat and subscribed when they first got the F1. If I recall correctly, it's only new customers that must get both HD and Sport packages to get the F1.

We've lost it. Moved house and re-did my subscription but the packages have been changed. I was told that my new subscription matched what we used to have but we've lost some of the HD movie channels we had and I discovered yesterday we don't have F1! Most annoying.

New packages in Oz (Foxtel) are Au$50/month for all the sports channels and general channels + another Au$10/ month if you want the HD sport channels.

I believe their bringing out upgraded hardware here in Oz in April so will hold off till then before making a decision.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Yea, I have asked them and checked I am OK as have been on the same HD only package since they got the F1.

Out of interest though i got on a chat session with them to find out what it would cost as a new subscriber. With Zero effort I just said i am only interested in F1 and no other sport, they knocked £12 a month off the sports package (you still got the lot) for a 12 month. I think it worked out at £33/month or something.

Day pass is a no go, for the 3 days of an F1 weekend that's about £30 a race.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

:thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fingers crossed had F1 HD since day 1 and now with my 62inch top Spec TV I can actually see the paint peeling on the Lotus's that have crashed/burnt/broken down/[add other]. Unfortunately the brilliance of Sky F1 HD is lost on me as my Mrs and kids hate F1 so I have to watch it on the hard drive at some later date which means I lose all those superb different live camera shots etc on the red button.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)