free hit
counters
Seat retrim - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi guys 

The leather in my S3 turbo is generally in great condition however the seats have had 30 years of sun and bottoms. The arrea where all cars go, the drivers seat bolster has split along one section of stiching. The passenger seat has already had some work to replace dried out leather. So The question is do I get it repaired or do I get both seats retrimed? 

I like original and love the smell of old leather not sure I want the new car leather smell but part of me thinks getting it retrimed would be a good idea and will gie anothe 30 years of life. 

If go for a retrim who are the guys to go to to deliver an authentic Lotus seat?

post-18423-0-38855700-1425317884.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think Nick Fulcher if you want real authenticity.

Do a search on his name, I'm sure someone has commented on quality and pricing within the last year

Dave

Nick Fulcher died sometime ago although I believe possibly his son took over.  Nick was very well connected with Lotus for many years. I think from the bits I have read they are about the best.  Especially for th esprit.

Moores coach trimmers did my seats and theyre excellent. moorestrim.com is the website and my car and seats are on his website.

Hes in Aylsham, Norfolk.

Phil

Thanks Guys I will give them both a call tomorrow, Phil your seats look really great. interesitng it is in Aylsham that where my Gandparnets used to live. I spent lots of summers in Cromer and many of my familly still live there so will be up ther in the sumer might be a good opperuntity to go to the factory and get it up to them for a retrim! 

Is there any company that supplies leather seat skins that you can install yourself?

I know you can get them for old Porsche 911s etc.

If I had the money for it I would get fulcher to do it but there prices are really high. All the cars ive seen that they have done are like new or better.

I got a quote for a full retrim on mine 11k more than I paid for it but I know it would look incredible if I could afford it.

Paul at Moores trim is a one man band operating from a workshop at his house but the quality of his work is excellent and his overheads are low.... Its a small world as my family are in Aylsham too. Say hello to Paul from me if you do give him a call.

Phil