free hit
counters
Key Fobs - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi Guys

My Esprit didn't come with any fobs for the alarm. I emailed a Lotus dealer but apparently they weren't interested in helping.

Does anyone know how to go about getting replacements when you don't have one to code it from?

Ta

Cam

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Did you get the stick at least? I'm pretty sure you need that to reprogram the fobs (which are cheap and plentiful from ebay). 

spare_alarm_fobs.jpg

Nope, just got 2 keys. Does that mean I'm out of options?

No probs. I've since spoken to the factory and they can't help if you don't have the stick so Cobra is the way forward :)

The lady gave me the number for the tech line but there was no answer, so will try again tomorrow.

Cheers

So without a fob or the programming unit, thy can't do anything. I'd need to replace the unit. I've asked the P/O if he ever had these (he was a really nice guy so hopefully I'll get a straight answer).

Just wondering if worst comes to worst. Am I likely to just be able to get another unit and unplug the harness/plug in the new one?

You'd hope that Cobra can supply you one, or the factory or South West Lotus may have them. 

The guy at cobra tech support said that without either there's nothing they can do :-(

I meant getting another unit and removing yours to replace it. I'm sure the same alarm was used on the Elise so there will be plenty of them about I've had thought?

The controller (Cobra 6422 with keys) part number is

Esprit A111M6105S

Elise A111M6119S

Ah, yeah. That's what I was thinking. Cheers for the part numbers. I'll take a look. Would be nice to have working

I think the Elise/Exige use the Cobra 8185.

SirLotus on LotusTalk is the guy to ask about these alarms.