free hit
counters
Élan S2 daily driver thoughts ? - Classic Elan - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
CTRMint

Élan S2 daily driver thoughts ?

Morning all,

I'm going to start this thread by stating I'm not looking to annoy Élan S2 owners, pls remember that.

So I'm looking at buying a run about car, my Exige is a weekend toy and it would be convenient to have another car as my wife often has our other car. I do enjoy my cars a lot and can't be doing with any old car. I've owned two Exiges and love them to bits, but don't feel they are that practical. Since buying my first I've become quite a fan of the Lotus marque but my experience of the cars is limited to stuff based on the Elise tub. I quite fancy an S2 Elan, they seem reasonably priced, easier to use for a daily driver and I think rather pretty. However what bothers me is reliability, fit and finish, roof leaks etc even parts. Could anyone provide som advice as to what they are like as a daily car? Note it would not be garaged, if important.

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They're referred to as the Elan M100 and there's a lot of people who use them as daily drivers.

You'll find a ton of info with our pals over at www.lotuselancentral.com