free hit
counters
Michelin Pilot Super Sport vs OEM Pirellis MO and MO1 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Whitey

Michelin Pilot Super Sport vs OEM Pirellis MO and MO1

Hi All, need some new tyres - probably all 4 as the fronts are still original and on 16K plus being nearly 5 years old.

I have read the main tyre thread, but what I am really after is some direct comparison info from anyone that has switched from OEM to the Michelins. I don't want to sacrifice grip or handling, but a little more life out of the rears would be good. The fact that they are on the new 400 also makes me think that it might be worth switching, although the new car will obviously have different suspension settings.

Any views / experience appreciated.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Avon zz5 work well for me but I got such a good deal on pirellis that I went for those

In the end, I couldn't get the front Mich PSS locally. I could have chanced one of the online companies, but was not happy about taking the risk of either being sent the wrong ones, or getting tyres that were already 3+ years old, and then having the hassle of returning them.

Sooooo I stuck 4 new OEM Pirellis with the correct MO1 and MO codes all for £482 fitted inc VAT.  Very happy I did too, it has really transformed the car. It just shows the difference between brand new tyres and old worn ones - the fronts were the originals on 16k miles and 5 years old, the rears were recent ......just worn! This is now the 4th set of rears and 2nd front set  from new.  My slight steering vibration has now also gone - which I knew was down to worn old front tyres anyway.

I did the same last time. Grip and performance is already brilliant. We just like to play about a bit and consider the options..!!

I'm on my second set of P-Zero's, great all rounders in the wet or dry.