free hit
counters
Front wing - bolt just turning - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

On the OS, I am trying to undo the two bolts that sit at the bottom of the wing, underneath. One is fine but the other was very tough to undo and when it did I could feel that whatever it screws into turning inside. 

So now what can I do?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Assuming this is the front, either clam to bumper, headlight bracket, or the A panel (are you fitting your barge boards?), pretty much all the bolts down there are nuts and bolts, not captive.

IIRC, the A panel bolts did tend to stay in place when undoing them, but the other end can be accessed by going on through the wheel arch lining, pull out the foam and access is easy. Will give you a chance to inspect the mudflap brackets!

HTH.

• Like 1

Hi Colin, yes, I set aside the afternoon to do them and didn't get very far! I'll have another go at the weekend (when it'll be raining no doubt!)

Not sure we have the same bolts in mind, but you should be able to grab the nuts from the wheel well.

They are the two that sit underneath, just behind the mudflap that locate the bottom of the front wing.

Nope, 10.01 items 8/9. Sorry can't do the screen print bibs.