free hit
counters
Advice on national recovery? - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CharlieCroker

Advice on national recovery?

Now that elite is ready to role I fully intend to go to shows far and wide, but I would like the security of national breakdown cover should the shizen hit the fan. My research is showing mixed opinions based on national recovery from the aa and rac? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As always been good for me however can take a while because they need to get a special tow truck because the esprit is too low for a standard one

• Like 1

Full Forum Members get 30% off AA membership.

I get it free with their home insurance, and Natwest Private give me free Greenflag. If I break down, I'll call both and the first to arrive wins :D

• Like 1

Broke down many times in my old Elite's. AA were always very, very good. They had no issues in towing the car from London to Scotland for me. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

The rac were good when the elise broke down on the a14 this year, they had a flat bed truck there inside half an hour. On a previous occasion they have taken over 2 hours to get to us however. I think having the police in attendance on the more recent occasion probably helped. :-)

• Like 1

The AA can be good, but equally not that good - its a roll of the dice. I have waited between 45 minutes and 6.5 hours to be recovered.

If your a male, and have parked your car in a place that is not dangerous - you go to the bottom of the queue. When the Eclat unseated its water pump I waited 6.5 hours parked in layby on the A23 at Hooley...

They waited 4 hours before farming the job out to Kavanagh ( a contractor), who werent that far away as the crow flies (Crystal Palace), but it was a Saturday, with Palace playing at home, around 3:30. I called them at 11:30 and didnt get the car back to the driveway until after 6pm.

What was really frustrating was sitting next to the car watching empty AA low loaders drive past to attend others.

• Like 2

In that case I'll put on my best damsel in distress accent and tell the aa driver that in the mayhem my bra has become unseated due to the size of my massive breasts. Reckon they'll show up in around 5 minutes. Seriously though are there no female aa mechanics?

• Like 1

Been with both AA and RAC long term, and must say preferred the RAC.

I left the AA in a huff after a head gasket fail was misdiagnosed as a leaking hose by a subcontracted garage, not only that the amount of sales spam I got with the AA was ridiculous.

They all waste your time sending a van out though, even when they know you need a low-loader, it's "policy" to try that first even though it wastes hours of your time

• Like 1

Most companies do that, it is a real waste of time.