free hit
counters
Does V6 Exige have an auxilliary power supply in cab? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
stratosboy

Does V6 Exige have an auxilliary power supply in cab?

Picked up my new Exige this week and can't find an auxiliary power outlet anywhere inside the cab. Manual says it is in the corner of the passenger door frame, alongside under dash tray, but there isn't one on mine. Is this part of the Convenience pack option?

If so how can I get a power supply into the cab?

thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes, the USB connection is part of the convenience pack.

I think you should have a 12v socket under a little flap in between the seats though, at about elbow height.

Edited by BillTheButcher

You might be lucky and have a rubber grommit covering a hole, if you pull this out the wires might already be there.

But the USB fittings are part of the convenience pack.

I have a similar situation, as I want to wire in my dashcam and a DAB unit (separate from the head unit). If the wires aren't there behind the grommet, if someone can point me in the direction of an easily-accessible 12V wire that is switched by the ignition, that would be handy! :)

There must be one behind the stereo you can use... 

I have the rubber grommit in mine, I have yet to investigate what is behind.

Makes sense that the wires will be there just plugged. *fingers crossed*

I have the rubber grommit in mine, I have yet to investigate what is behind.

Makes sense that the wires will be there just plugged. *fingers crossed*

The wires for the USB connection are there in mine, just need to find out what the part number is for the USB thingy and should be easy to fit.

I have a USB connection inside the little sort of coin holder next to the passenger door. (LF1). Crap position as its a bit diddly to utilise but better than nowt!

Steve

Anyone aware if the 12v socket between the seats is permanently live? 

Or does it power off after a while?

The 12V socket between the seats is permanent live (unless you blow the fuse...)

On 8 May 2015 at 21:54, TonyKL said:

The wires for the USB connection are there in mine, just need to find out what the part number is for the USB thingy and should be easy to fit.

The USB charging port is part number B120M0077F.  

This takes a 12v feed available behind the grommet (on the PAX side only) and provides a regulated 5v feed at 1A.

Edited by LotusPilot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LotusPilot said:

The 12V socket between the seats is permanent live (unless you blow the fuse...)

The USB charging port is part number B120M0077F.  

This takes a 12v feed available behind the grommet (on the PAX side only) and provides a regulated 5v feed at 1A.

Great, thanks for this.  Shame it's only 1A and not something a little more powerful.

1. you have a USB Socket with 1A at your car stereo. 

2. another USB with 1A is part of the Convinience pack only

3. You can buy dozens of different USB adapters for your cigarette lighter. Even with more power: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/191588832165

4. You can read my instructions on how to fit a USB socket to your Exige, because the wiring is pre-installed:

Edited by ArthouseCompany

I was looking to follow ArthouseCompany's instructions the other day, in fitting a USB socket where my rubber blanking grommet is.

I removed the trinket tray and grommit and found two sets of wires adjacent to the hole, but neither seemed to be lose with a plug on the end.

Does anyone know if all cars have the wires fitted? I didn't want to tug too hard on either dangling wire in case they just pass through and are connected to something, rather than caught on something and giving the impression they are connected. Any identifiable features for the cables?

Thanks

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 14:25, Demolitionman13 said:

I was looking to follow ArthouseCompany's instructions the other day, in fitting a USB socket where my rubber blanking grommet is.

I removed the trinket tray and grommit and found two sets of wires adjacent to the hole, but neither seemed to be lose with a plug on the end.

Does anyone know if all cars have the wires fitted? I didn't want to tug too hard on either dangling wire in case they just pass through and are connected to something, rather than caught on something and giving the impression they are connected. Any identifiable features for the cables?

Thanks

I'm doing this on mine now and found the wires tucked quite high up above the top of the inside area behind the cover. this is a green and a black wire with the connector wrapped in foam.

fiddly job

• Like 1

On 28/05/2016 at 15:25, stratosboy said:

I'm doing this on mine now and found the wires tucked quite high up above the top of the inside area behind the cover. this is a green and a black wire with the connector wrapped in foam.

fiddly job

Are the wires only on the passenger side or do you have then on both sides?

Shame, I can see the wire on the passenger side, Lotus want almost £40 for the original adapter (part B120M0077F)

Might just get a long lightning cable and run from the back of the stereo and make a whole in the grommit to pass it through.

The problem with the USB ports of all stereos and with the original Lotus adapter : 

They usually only have 1 Ampere.

So if you you have an iPhone or Android with a big and power hungry display and navigate with it and stream music to your stereo 1A isn't enough power to charge your device. You need a 2A USB adapter. 

Here you can see what I've done with my lightning cable. It runs under the dashboard. The other USB port is used for my Dashcam.

IMG_6133.JPG

4 hours ago, TonyKL said:

Don't know this, I haven't looked, but sure I've seen somewhere recently that someone has fitted a second usb socket on driver's side, so maybe.

let us know if you can do this.

22 hours ago, TonyKL said:

Just to answer my own question, I've had a good look and only find the spare connector on the passenger side.