free hit
counters
Elite prices on the up? - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Mark Blanchard

Elite prices on the up?

This Elite 504 sold for £8,848 at Brooklands on Saturday.  I was in quite good condition, but certainly not concours,  The engine bay looked tidy but there were plenty of stones chips over the bonnet and front. Good to see prices are rising.

http://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2015-03-07/cars/1979-lotus-elite-504.aspx

DSC_0009_zps1wjkm7qz.jpg

There was a frenzied feel about the auction.  A Morris Minor fetched £25k, a Beetle sold for £20k, a Jenson Interceptor went for £78k and a rusty Maserati Kylami sold for £128,800.  Those prices made the Lotus look cheap.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good, I wouldn't sell my for under ten.

Edited by CharlieCroker

Just Wow!

That's waaaaaaaaay more than I thought an elite 504 could make. 2-3 years ago Colin Chapmans one struggled to 6k in open auction.

I think interest is rising - and not before time.

Let's keep banging the drum for these fabulous looking underrated Lotuses!

NB is that a typo in the kyalami price? Rough ones are usually 10k... Unless it was special in some way?

You're right, I meant Khamsin!  Still £128k is crazy money.  The car had had a recent respray in gun metal grey but there rust bubbles all over the top of the front wings, light pods and bonnet.

I watched the Auction on line and it made £7900.00 so I assume the rest was made up of the normal rip off Auction buyer fees???

Still great to see prices finally getting somewhere near what these great cars are actually worth when compared to other so called "Classics"!!!!

36 grand for a woeful Countach "replica" hahahaha. People really have lost their marbles.

ref_53_lamborghini_countach_rec_3.jpg

• Like 1

As I have said elsewhere on TLF, I haven't seen an Elite. i don't know if they even got to Australia. I would love to have one.

blue one (not the one in the opening shots) fitted with rotary in Oz

Edited by ramjet

Pension reforms.........

It'll feed the fever - I wonder when it'll crash

The lambo may be woeful - but I'd rather have that than the greasy pension men rubbing my cash in their pockets.......

I'd be off to invest it all on cars, drink, loose women and drugs........the rest I'd waste

They did get to Australia. I know of a white series 1 in the Sydney area.

in the mid 2000's I was reading the local small ad's whilst visiting my in laws and there was a blue Lotus elite project (in bits) advertised in Gosford NSW for 6K.

There are also a few eclats, including a white 2.2 that was in QLD.

so it will be worth doing remedial work on my 1980/1 lotus elite s2.2 to get mot ,lots of handbrake issues again,split steering rack gaitor,low co2 high hydro carbons and bad connections on fuses, not bulbs as mot tester thought,at least I sorted that myself other being done by local garage,car will be for sale in June/ July this year once it is has mot and tax,I want to enjoy it and do some car shows up here in Scotland

There are a few on eBay at the moment. Was just looking at one in NSW, but decided against it.

Thanks for the replies though. :)