free hit
counters
Lotus Lada - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Badlyworntoy

Lotus Lada

Hi folks My name is Ian

I don't normally bother with car forums these days, as I don't really have the time.

I've had to barge straight in with a technical question on my Exige, so to counter for that I thought I'd show you my Lotus Lada

Hope you like it

Ian

post-18679-0-91835600-1426106429.jpg

post-18679-0-72527600-1426106448.jpg

post-18679-0-25949400-1426106554.jpg

post-18679-0-77864500-1426106573.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Ian. :welcome:

Can't help you with the exige question, but tell me if I'm wrong, is that the Lada that made an appearance on Top Gear?

Any other uestions or issues with using the forums, feel free to sk one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

No, its not the Top Gear car.

Replica built by me in 2012 to an even better standard than theirs.

Original car is in a Lotus dealers in Dortmund.

Ambitious! Looks good. Thought it looked familiar.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Welcome to TLF Ian. Nice car you have there, looks very good :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Welcome to the forums Ian. Love the car! Anything you need please don't hesitate to ask a Mod.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Hi Welcome to the forum.

Looks nice. Did you think about putting in a Lotus Engine?

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

:thumbup::w00t: I have also seen the original car in Munich (Lotus Munich).......(is there a dealer in Dortmund?)

Hi Ian, welcome, Looks like a lot of enthusiastic work :thumbup:

Nice one. Top class :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

See this is exactly why I don't use car forums anymore!

Know body knows when to shut the f### up. Does it really matter what sausage munching square headed town the original cars in?

I post a few pictures of a car which cost 10's of thousands of pounds to build and can out perform most of the sikaflexed fibre glassed bollocks on here and all you want to talk about is how I got the town wrong

F### off! 

Whoa up Ian! Everyone has given your car the thumbs up and welcomed you to the forum. Why are you so angry? I asked the question as to whether it is the original. You mentioned Dortmund. Other people are only chatting.

I'm not going to beat around the bush mate. If you don't like the conversation, then leaving is maybe the best thing for you.

I have edited your above post. Consider this a warning Ian.

He's just pissed because his thread didn't become the ego wank-fest he was hoping for.

Some people do things which change the world...... You made a car..... It looks very nice...... Errrrrr well done.

anyway, put your toys back in your pram and do a build thread so we can see how the car came together.... Then we'll all have a cuddle.

And that doesn't help Daniel. As you are an FFM, I would have hoped that any further post would be constructive and we get on with things.

Unless you know Ian, your first line is a bit of an 'out there' conclusion.

The original Lada is a one off and Lotus History. So there is a common interest where this unique car is by now. As stated above we know the history of the car very well and if it changes hand again or is to buy in my hometown.... This is from highly personal interest :smoke:

I don't like your way of reaction... But let me tell you something: Don't call for ghosts which you cannot control....

It's a nice car - shame about the reply.

I love my silkaflexed red lovely

Only here once

I clicked on the thread hoping to learn more about the original Lotus Lada and was disappointed that the thread was about a replica.  The trend towards the whereabouts of the original sparked more interest for me and even made me do some searching on my own about the original so while the original posted may be pissed (and understandably so since many of my threads on forums have been changed to completely different subjects as well) I am happy to continue with a thread on the original Lotus Lada.

So where is it really?

Kyle Kaulback

The original Top Gear Lotus Lada was purchased by a chap called Stefan, a complete Lotus loon. Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the marque. Stefan bought the car at the AutoSport show in January 2004 from Paul Sherwood who wasn't too enamoured with what Top Gear had done to his car and subsequently barely drove it since the car was converted for the TV show.

Stefan immediately drove the car back home to Munich (encountering more than his share of teething niggles on the way) and started to bring the car up to a good usable condition. Tragically, Stefan passed away very suddenly at the end of 2010 and I guess decisions surrounding the Lada were left to his surviving family.

I'd happily discuss the original car if people weren't such dick's. I have no ego to stroke what so ever, I'm not like that one bit....all the talking is done on circuit with this car.....It drives around the outside of most modern bollocks with ease and the reaction that gets me is priceless......so Daniel get yourself fucked.

The original car is now owned by Stefan Carstens, If you speak to Guy Croft and several other key people that were involved on the project, they'd all tell you what a piece of shite it was, every corner was cut and the car was unreliable and was riddled with compromise. (Typical lotus build quality) The Top gear video was well edited and was a big lie.....It took 7 days ........really? it was in the paint shop 3 weeks! Mine is engineered properly and would run rings around the original as its been heavily developed over the years on circuit.

I'd post some links to prove all this but for some reason (un know to me) I cant

I've been viewing this site for a number of years and can honestly state that I have never viewed such disgraceful, foul mouthed posts.

I'd suggest that the warning did not work.

• Like 1

Absolutely.

Record for the shortest membership? An award perhaps?

• Like 1

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

surprised he lasted that long

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Sad turn of events

Nice car though

Only here once