free hit
counters
What Front Pads? V6 with 2 Piece Floating Disks - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LF1

What Front Pads? V6 with 2 Piece Floating Disks

Looks like I need new pads for the front. The car is used for track days and getting to and from them by road.

What do people suggest, or do I stick with the OEM?

Thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I believe they use the OEM on the race cars still so they must be pretty good :)

That's lucky as they have just gone back on. Bibs - you seem to be my personal automotive researcher today!

One tries :D

Tom, I was pretty happy with how the standard pads fared on Tuesday. I was expecting they would start grumbling towards the end of each session (as I thought I could feel in the wet at Goodwood the other week), but they were fine. Good, as I thought I would need to upgrade to at least Pagid RS14s soon enough (Which I am sure have previously been confirmed on here as standard fit on the Cup???).

Going to persevere with these standard pads and let you know how I get on.

By the way I thought the LF1 discs are fixed bells, not the floating motorsport parts? Pretty sure that's what I saw on your car.

Edited by Arun_D

I thought the LF1's were all fitted with the floating rotors.

82482_Exige-LF1-wheels-960x400px_960x400

Thought i read somewhere they were floating, did a google before posting, probably wrong though - usually am, they are the same as those on the Cup though.

I have found the standard fine, but nothing to compare to. They are lasting a lot better than the Elise, and i am happy with them, just wondered what options I had.