free hit
counters
Guigaro Esprit-reputable dealer nominations! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
stradman

Guigaro Esprit-reputable dealer nominations!

Hi all,

Just wanted to seek the help of all for your combined wisdoms and ask who is the perceived leading G esprit currently in the UK who has perhaps the most experience with trading/dealing with G- esprits and of course is considered reputable? Very interested to hear your thoughts/nominations!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Brendan has it in one.

Who again doesn't sell cars! 

Are you looking to sell via a dealer or buy? Whereabouts are you based and indeed, would that matter?

Who again doesn't sell cars! 

Are you looking to sell via a dealer or buy? Whereabouts are you based and indeed, would that matter?

Looking to sell but would like to speak to a couple of people who know and deal with Esprits's. It seems to me that with the Lotus there is no "go to" man or dealer that trades mainly in these........

I'll pop you a PM when I'm baco at my desk on Monday with some contact details for people who can help :)

I'll pop you a PM when I'm baco at my desk on Monday with some contact details for people who can help :)

Ta....

I can tell you one I wouldn't go to. But not publicly.

I think I know which one you're talking about . A dealer in a southeast England county?....

No, the bullshitter I bought my car from in the Midlands, who isn't known for selling Esprits, but in any case I suspect I know who you're talking about!

But what are we actually talking about here? Does a dealer who's business is buying and selling cars take an Esprit apart to fix all the problems it might have when he buys it in? No, because it would cost him too much and he'd never make a profit if he did. He might fix some of the more obvious things, but he's not about to delve too deep for the same reason. He takes the risk, sells it on, and hopes he never sees it back again for the duration of any warranty he gives.

I wonder whether an Esprit might be a better buy if it's bought from a club member and if it's a well-known car that has all the bills to prove work has been carried out, and a verifiable photographic historic maintenance record.

I think I know which one you're talking about . A dealer in a southeast England county?....

My Esprit came from that dealer. What can I say? Make a test drive, afterwards take a decent look around the car, peek in the records, then make up a decision. With this old cars there will be always the one or the other problem and some answers may not be satisfying while maybe wild guessing. The Esprit made the 700 miles drive home without problems. Some smaller issues were discussed with the dealer and I got good support with a couple of parts for free. I even got a nice article in the Club Lotus news where he wrote a funny article about an overcautious German buyer who checked the car in and out for 2 hours. Just take your time for investigation :turned:

A good address for a chat about Esprit pricing is for sure Scott Walker. http://www.scottwalkers.co.uk/

Great guy, we bought an Elise S1 from him, everything perfect, if he would be still in direct car sales my top recommendation. He had several Esprit in his premises at that time and they were priced top money but for top cars you will never complain.

My Esprit came from that dealer. What can I say? Make a test drive, afterwards take a decent look around the car, peek in the records, then make up a decision. With this old cars there will be always the one or the other problem and some answers may not be satisfying while maybe wild guessing. The Esprit made the 700 miles drive home without problems. Some smaller issues were discussed with the dealer and I got good support with a couple of parts for free. I even got a nice article in the Club Lotus news where he wrote a funny article about an overcautious German buyer who checked the car in and out for 2 hours. Just take your time for investigation :turned:

A good address for a chat about Esprit pricing is for sure Scott Walker. http://www.scottwalkers.co.uk/

Great guy, we bought an Elise S1 from him, everything perfect, if he would be still in direct car sales my top recommendation. He had several Esprit in his premises at that time and they were priced top money but for top cars you will never complain.

Many thanks for that. I will perhaps ask Scott Walker....

I think you have to know what you are looking at and understand some of these cars are over 30 years old. I bought mine from the place in Kent and so far I couldn't talk more highly of them. There are things wrong with the car but I knew I was undertaking a loveafair and I want there to be things to do or it would be no fun! Went back to the deslership this morning and they have some great cars. All needing different levels of work. Remember you are not buying a new car make sure you get everything in writing and remember getting angry with car dealers is a bit like getting cross with builders!