free hit
counters
Boot boards bulkhead bracket - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Lotusfab

Boot boards bulkhead bracket

The brackets that go through the bulkhead to hold the boot board have the nuts on the engine bay side. This means the bulkhead carpet will not sit flush. Should I have the nuts on the inside of the bulkhead and the welded flat plate on the engine side so the bulkhead carpet is flush?post-17315-0-88008500-1426406016.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I remember taking mine off. The bracket goes on top of the carpet as far as I remember.

Thanks. Mine being a late S1 has an S2 type crossmember. Has anyone got a picture of the bulkhead carpet and this bracket. Thanks.

Hi Fabian,

If your car has the long steel cross-member on the bulkhead (seat belt mount)....does it un-bolt, can it be removed?

Thanks,

Tom.

post-17180-0-87724700-1426934548.jpg

Hi Tom, yep had mine out it unbolts. Bolts on inside under sound deadening and outside on the member. It's bolted thru the plywood bulkhead. You can see the back of some of the bolts on the lower edge in your picture. Do you have a picture of how the bulkhead carpet was fitted?

Thanks!

Best pics of the bulkhead carpet I've got are:

post-17180-0-62624500-1426948563.jpg

post-17180-0-57186000-1426948618.jpg

I tried prising the crossmember out but it appears to also be glued in. It's started to come out but looks like it's going to take some effort.

Fabian, here are some pics after I removed the bracket. You can see the mark where it goes over the carpet.

IMG_1217_zps6ljfummm.jpg

IMG_1218_zpsswuoiiuc.jpg

Edited by Freemason

Thanks that explains it, the carpet is raised slightly. Before prising, check there are no more bolts. There are quite a lot in the crossmember, some difficult to see. Mine wasn't glued but as I,ve come to find out there all slightly different.