free hit
counters
Just in time for the Spring..... - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
forge197

Just in time for the Spring.....

Picked up today and then dropped off at the detailer, so not much of a play!!  Done 74 miles between the dealer and dropping off I have a plan for a big drive on the 28/29th March to get the run in mileage done and dusted in one go and after the ventureshield has been done.

Did a little section s bends loved it though and even keeping below 4000 rpm it's got a useful turn of speed, and considering everything is tight feels great, TRD airbox gives a nice little reminder when the supercharger is doing it's stuff, look forward to getting it back, I'll post some post detail pictures, hopefully there will be a difference though some of these it looks shiny  :D

DSC06756%20Copy_zpswvdndz4e.jpg

DSC06750%20Copy_zps2usjr0ay.jpg

DSC06743%20Copy_zpsxmiuarme.jpg

DSC06738%20Copy_zpsbhcfpa5c.jpg

DSC06739%20Copy_zpsicowahzj.jpg

DSC06742%20Copy_zpshz8vtsn3.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lovely looking car and a great colour, congratulations.

Trevor.

Hmmmm Elise S..... :wub:

Im seriously tempted by one of those.

Buddsy

• Like 1

Great choice. Looks terrific.

• Like 1

Great Choice! You're going to love it! And you will be surprised how comfortable (relatively speaking) the seats are on long drives...

Make sure your "big drive" is not just a motorway where you will be cruising in 6th gear as you will not be running in your engine properly... Try to find a nice twisty road where you can work the gearbox, suspension and tires... Enjoy! :)

• Like 1

I am planning a trip into the lakes with a visit to the motor museum there then a drive around a couple of passes and the roads around there then, the Sunday probably pop over to Lake Bala, Bewts y Coed and the Evo Triange so going to try and get a good mix of roads and basically enjoying the car :D

Thanks on the colour I am not sure I'd have natually gone for green if I was choosing a pure factory build, this spec was damn close to what I was after and it was ready in Hethel in this colour and having seen it we are extremely happy with the green and silver combo as a change to the black pack.

From researching engine running in I am now of the belief the running in is to get you used to driving the car and nothing to to with running in the engine in in the old sense of the word.

Buddsy 

It's a good point budsy and actually there is probably good value in getting used to the car too, I've read the manual and what it says and shall follow the guidance and take it easy on me and the car for a 1000 miles and get the first service done.  It does say Occasional Short Bursts at wider throttle will be benefical so will do some of that too. :B)

Been cleaned now ready to take to have the paintshield sorted on Monday then driving, have booked the first service which is to be done around 1000miles, I have a time target to get the miles done.

Nice drive back enjoying getting to know the car, really enjoying it so far, and I have found where to plug an iPod and it's not the socket on the left hand of the dash :)

DSC06773%20Copy_zpsq2pbpto6.jpg

DSC06776%20Copy_zpsrlxwd782.jpg

DSC06775%20Copy_zpsemqqzkea.jpg

DSC06774%20Copy_zpsvwt3054z.jpg

DSC06782%20Copy_zpszdc3xrtd.jpg

DSC06777%20Copy_zps08yyjf34.jpg

DSC06764%20Copy_zpsriqyq9up.jpg

DSC06757%20Copy_zpsukwvv18p.jpg

Awesome car and motorsport green is fantastic - was so close to ordering that!

I'm in similar situation, car has been left at detailers (since last saturday!) and is getting filmed this week (hopefully) so I'll be able to drive it for real next weekend.  The wait is worse than delivery...

Get the roof off btw, it's a different car and much better for it :)

Epic wheels, I really like them :D

Thanks most of the Forged Wheels I've seen and do see are black so it's nice to be different

Get the roof off btw, it's a different car and much better for it :)

We discussed doing that today we'll have a look at fiddling with that next weekend I suspect.

Awesome car and motorsport green is fantastic - was so close to ordering that!

I'm in similar situation, car has been left at detailers (since last saturday!) and is getting filmed this week (hopefully) so I'll be able to drive it for real next weekend.  The wait is worse than delivery...

Thanks, not a colour we'd have chosen from the swatches as it were, but it was available and they had a car that was in the same colour and it did look good and so pleased we went for it as it looks great, next week I have a big drive planned thought depending on how this weeks goes depends on location, so sounds the same thought, though I have been for a couple cheeky drives today and no doubt tomorrow, it's there to be used and the film will just stop it getting worse :)

A few update for the Elise over the last couple weeks, and as it was nice yesterday took it to work

Paint Protection

E34F0C1D-DFEB-460C-A6CE-A7D5D71BDF5B_zps

Boot Tidy

BA09C1DC-E8DD-4E6D-8B8F-0883B94E97AF_zps

Aero Wiper

4218A617-ABEA-45F6-9551-9C741A82D753_zps

ScanGauge

826BDB2E-F606-482E-B869-0DBBBF83D18E_zps

Leather Trimmed Sills

87034E4F-6403-4413-98FA-825C3EE060B8_zps

Brings us to this week and the first run in service is complete and car is ready for the rest of 2015, got some trackdays and drives planned will update with those.

Having now completed around 1300 miles the car feels great and getting a good feel for it and more imporantly very much enjoying and wanting to be driving which is after all why the guys in Hethel made it to drive it.

• Like 1

Well done! Beautiful...

Where did you buy th eLeather Trimmed Sills ? Or did you have them custom made at the detail shop?

Little update completed my third trackday in the Elise yesterday and my first issue has appeared......

A cap fell off the wheel centre on the access road after filling with fuel, sure there will be more in fact there will be but ok with this so far :)

What's has impressed me is the stock brakes lap after lap although they start to whistle when they are hot which I've not got my head around, as it stops when you apply a dap of pedal, and only when really hot so wonder if the pad is very close to the disk and whistle through the drilled holes which get a bit clogged with dust, performance stays really strong lap after lap no fade.

Really enjoying the Elise

One pic from Blyton, Anglesey and Snetterton

FD188350-F7EB-4BE8-9D33-0384A0A2296D_zps

Done a few track days with the Elise this year, today the car just seemed to suit the Oulton Park better than any other track I've used it as so far. Due to a red flag had a shorter AM and then a top up PM tuition session, the bits we focused on the the additional speed I could carry was staggering from such a tiny change in line and technique.

Of all the cars I've run on track this one is my favorite by a long way.

I've have though managed to loose another wheel cap thing.

Anglesey tomorrow

DSC_4846edit%20Large_zpsogr4pkw6.jpg

DSC_4424edit%20Large_zpslihlhzc6.jpg

• Like 1