free hit
counters
Those special places - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Dobbin145

Those special places

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Love that pic - no way someone can decide to park next to you there!  That always used to annoy me when I'd taken the effort to park miles from anyone else and someone would park 3 inches away from the drivers door, despite there being no other cars around for 20 spaces!

I've not even got my car yet, but I've already started sizing up all the prime spaces at work :D

I might have to change supermarket branches to find a decent space on a Saturday too!

I have myself the perfect space at work; it's gotten to the point that no one takes it now, even when I dont! :D

Even at the hotel I stay at I have my own space :D Albeit it's a disabled space... Ahem. I'm sure folks think I have an ego problem.

We don't have kids and now with the Evora I have thought about getting a baby seat just to park in the MASSIVE mother with exceptionally large baby (sorry parent and child) spots in super market. But given the driving skills of some of those candidates I think I'm better off in the spots across the car park.

Is that the circular car park in Bris? If so its opposite our office in Whitefriars, often take my Evora there.

Ps nice car, one of the top combos when I bought mine.nsaw that car at the TLF meet at brook lands last year. Good to get the plate too

It's the NCP in Queen Charlotte street towards Temple Meads. Yes you would have seen the car at Brooklands last year. It's the exact spec I was after and thanks to this forum was able to afford. It's been three days of ownership and I still haven't stopped grinning.

Must confess the long box takes a little bit of getting used to, 60mph in third gear doesn't quite make sense at the moment. I've been used to a 2 litre turbo for the last two years (I'm not complaining though, just a different driving style).

• Like 1

I have a theory about this and it is a topic spoken about numerous times on here. It is a work in progress so see fit to add variables as you see fit.

If we take the number of free spots carpark spots to be n,

The IQ of the offending driver to be i,

The closeness of vehicles to be c,

Rubbishness of offending vehicle to be r,

then we find.

c =       i

-------

n + r

Luckily, there are a few drivers like Howard to whom this does not apply. (until the day that someone else has taken his spot). Then the above formula kicks in with an added variable. (and generally added aggression which I have not been able to quantify)

Months since nice car driver has finally lost his spot m.

The resultant formula becoming

c =          i

------------

n + r + m

• Like 2

It takes about 0.0001s in a busy gents to assess and compute which of the free urinals gives you the greatest distance from everyone else in there - surely if everyone parked the same way we'd all be happy?

That said, however nice you think your car is, or however special you think you are, you must use just one spot and not try to straddle two - that doesn't go down well in the gents either ;)

• Like 1

It takes about 0.0001s in a busy gents to assess and compute which of the free urinals gives you the greatest distance from everyone else in there - surely if everyone parked the same way we'd all be happy?

Sadly though the ladies like to go for cubicles next to each other so they can natter. Worse still at peak times share the same 'trap'. That may explain why they have to park on top of my car in the supermarket!

• Like 1

Must confess the long box takes a little bit of getting used to, 120mph in third gear doesn't quite make sense at the moment. I've been used to a 2 litre turbo for the last two years (I'm not complaining though, just a different driving style).

There, I fixed that for you

• Like 1

I die a little more every time. I mean, really? Came back to this the other night.

post-17334-0-04896600-1426552103.jpg

:hrhr: That photo could go in the 'How's my parking?' topic. Unbelievable. :no

Maybe he just has abandonment issues? Appauling parking and logic regardless....

I see it every week in the NCP in town. You get people trying to squeeze into a space on the bottom two floors, then having difficulty getting out of their car. If they went to the top two floors they would see them empty. What is it with people and parking. The elevator does go all the way to the top.

What is it with carparks? Why can't I drive straight to the top floor? The spiraly ramp down when you're done is the fun bit!

I'm off to Sainsbury's now. I'll park at the back and take up two spaces. If I don't I know what will happen...

Since my dad has now retired he treated himself to an F-Type V8R Coupe, as you do, and always parks at the back and takes up two spaces.

I don't condone vandalism at all, but IMHO parking in two spaces is going to increase your chances of getting keyed by some idiot...

I'd rather take the chances of an accidental dooring instead...

I would be very wary of taking up 2 spaces as well. Don't think that would go down well in Oz. :no

I don't go crazy looking for a parking space because it makes the heartbreaker when it happens even more painful as I took so many steps to avoid it.  I park where it is easy for me to get in-out of car and back out...

I've had to get in the passenger side of the Evora and wiggle over, not easy and once had to release the handbrake on my Esprit to push it out of the space to get in! Parkholes the lot of 'em... 

I'm usually glad if I can find an empty parking space at all.  :huh:

But, so far I've managed to avoid having to get out in through the passenger door.

Beautiful car in the OP. Congrats.

Lol, I've had to do the out of the passenger seat thing too. Occasionally it sucks been tall  :D

Yup, have several favourite parking places to try to get. And the feeling of irritation when some other so and so is using 'mine'...   :shock::scared:  :rant:  :D