free hit
counters
Possible Door Lock Issue - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hey guys,

So basically today I tried unlocking the door on my car today manually (inserting the key in the door lock) and it wouldn't open or unlock the door at all! So I called my dealership to report what I thought was an issue and they told me all Exiges and Elises are like this, key in door lock dosnt unlock a locked door it simply (depending on wether lock is horizontal or vertical) just prevents you or allows you to open the door if the lock mechanism is unlocked. Don't know if its BS or true, thought I would get your opinions because it dosnt make much sense!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds about right to me.

The key lock is not connected to the central locking in any way.  

Ah I see, but then I wonder how can you open the trunk to replace a dead battery if you can't manually unlock the cars door?

You don't you open the front access hatch and give it power?

It's not a fault, it's a feature!

If the car is centrally locked, you can't unlock it on the key. If it isn't centrally locked, you can lock and unlock with the key.

As Tony says, if you can't get access due to a flat bettery you have to attach a slave battery to the terminals under the front access panel, this is covered in the hand book I think. I read this while looking up how to remove the hardtop - it was the next section I think!

Ah I see, in all honesty I didn't give the handbook a proper look so I'm at fault here I wasn't aware the front hatch offers access in the event of a flat battery. Thanks for your help guys!