free hit
counters
fingers crossed - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Emmerg

fingers crossed

Finally got enough spare cash to get my Elite into Lakeside Engineering at the weekend for C service and MOT. Hoping that it will sail through the MOT but it has been hiding in the garage for the best part of 2 years with just a monthly start up and occasinal trip up and down the drive. Fingers crossed it gets to Lakeside but never let me down before.

Ready for a week off at Easter to reacquaint myself with the joys!

Guy

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good luck Guy. I've heard good things about Lakeside. I'm sure the old girl will do you proud. Liam

Thanks Liam sure she will. Not that I have experience of anywhere else but I rate Lakeside.

Bon chance, I'm sure Max and Tim will see her right mate :)

Phase one complete - trouble free trip via m25 to Addlestone to drop the car off this morning.

Now just the wait til it's ready to be picked up

• Like 1

I bet you got some admiring glances along the motorway, we used to get many thumbs up! It's a very reliable Elite that one, trick is to keep it running.........extended layups just result in big spikes of spending with no pleasure between - you don't really save any money!

The good news is that it passed its MOT without even an advisory.  Not so good is that apart from the C service it needed work to the cam belt tensioner, new hub bearings at rear, new output shaft bearings, new fan assembly and new washer jet (off Mk I Granada according to Max).  So I am considerably poorer but it is running well.

Saw that rather beautiful A reg Copper Bronze Elite at Lakeside too.   Lovely inside and out - or will be when the heater matrix is fixed!

Edited by Emmerg

Two of the nicest S2 elites in the country in the same place at the same time.... ;-)

Aawww! Dunc!

They did look good to be fair.

Happy days. Picked up my daughter from the livery yard which she sonehow thought was embarassing. I spent next ten minutes telling her how wrong she was !

Thanks Buddsy happy easter to you too

• Like 1