free hit
counters
1981 Esprit S3 in Essex Blue - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lotusforsale.com

1981 Esprit S3 in Essex Blue

<p>One owner last 20 years. 6000 miles in that time (annual pilgrimage to Donington, MoT station then it gets put away…).  Essex Blue, blue velour (muppet pelt) interior. This is an easy fixer-upper, I have no time or inclination to do this any more, as I’ll never drive it again, and frankly I’d prefer it to go to someone with the enthusiasm it deserves have lavished on it.   It needs a few things sorting – Water pump (easy, you’re going to change the cam belt aren’t you?), headlining (stupidly let someone valet it and of course if they get wet….well, they are never the same), Sun Visors, instrument binnacle both need attention, but nothing a few metres of alcantara and a sewing machine wouldn’t fix. It needs a pair of fuel tanks fitted. Currently only one side is in use, but I have a pair that will be supplied with the car.  I’ve had them for the last 17 years, and never gotten around to fitting them…. Last MoT expired in 2013, and I’ve not been able to get the time to get it re-MoT’d.  Lights may need looking at as the prince of darkness appears to have paid a visit to the car since it was last started. Put off yet?  Folder of history back to the day it was supplied, generally looked after by Daytune/Gerald Turner and in my ownership, Strattons – new cam belt and some TLC applied by them in 2010 – where does the time go? Engine was rebuilt at 70,000 miles, so it is nicely run in now.  Recent master cylinder. Stainless steel exhaust, new discs all round 4,000 miles ago. It will need trailering as it has no MoT.</p>

View the full article

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.