free hit
counters
3-Eleven - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

3-Eleven

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Expect the price to be £80k+...

I love the fact that lotus are making these cars but the prices are now double that of the old 4cyl series 2 machines. Completely out of reach of us mortals. I'll happily stick with my 2-11.

Have we had a ball park cost?

Trevor.

JMG said that it will be the most expensive Lotus available... 

For comparison, the 340R was around £35k back in 2000 and a road legal 211 cost about £41k in 2007.

Arm oooot then.

Trevor.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115031790701/lotus-3-eleven-to-have-420-ps-and-a-target-weight-of

• 420ps (414bhp)
  • 890kgs
  • Stiffer than Exige it's based on
  • 177-180mph top speed
  • 7.09 estimated 'Ring time
  • Only 311 to be built

Does this mean the next Evora lightweight/Cup /R /GT is to get some extra bhp too :) 414 bhp!!

I'm guessing the car will be GT4 compliant at this price, which would make it a very cheap GT4 but a very expensive 11, but then again it's pretty much twice the power the previous one had. And very light considering the Exige is about 1080kg, the car probably has a lot of carbon bits to lose almost 200kg. 311 I hope they can sell all of them. 

It'll be interesting to see.

2-11 was quoted 670kg but in roadgoing form is ~750kg so saving 200kg on the equivalent Exige (and was similar price). 

Will the roadgoing 311 actually then be 950kg?  If so then why so expensive?

That is a properly quick laptime suggesting significant aero...

Discussed a bit already here:

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/38209-future-of-2-eleven/

Way overpriced when you consider the alternative track cars that are all circa £40k

Amazing the resonance this has found on the web and social media today. More than the Evora 400.

This could be the Halo that Lotus really needs. 

• Like 2

I dont think price on something like this is an issue. As long as its fast enough people will pay. Look at the track day offering AM are looking at selling.

Buddsy

• Like 2

Wow. The 'ring time is purely theoretical obviously but I'm not sure that target would be achievable with 420ps without some serious aero. It should mean that that the 311 is more like a Radical than the 211.

Radical sr8 lm holds the ring record at 6.48 and that had 460ps.

Does it suggest that there could be an Exige 400 and a 420 Cup on the way? If so, that's much more like it Lotus! As with racing there are no prizes for keeping up, you have to overtake!

• Like 1

There's already an exige 400 unveiled at Geneva a few weeks ago.

I was there, no Exige 400, just the Evora. Though I think the Exige 400 should be quick round the ring and for me is a better option than a 311 cause you can drive it every day as well as be track focussed.

Does it suggest that there could be an Exige 400 and a 420 Cup on the way? If so, that's much more like it Lotus! As with racing there are no prizes for keeping up, you have to overtake!

this makes total sense and i would buy one tmrw if i could! get it done lotus 

If the 3 Eleven can pull a 7'09 on the Nurb it will be in very serious company, it would be a top 5 cars, not the fastest car regular car at the Nurb but still a very very impressive feat if they can put that lap together away from the dyno and simulators.

As it has already been said here, there's probably a lot of carbon fiber and a lot aero bits and a very raw look to get to that weight number.

With such a limited time frame and the obligation to go by a new financial rulebook, it's a clear declaration of intent on behalf of JMG: this is what they can do on a tight budget, this is how far they can push the enveloppe for now...

Heard today from a very knowledgable source that the plan is indeed for an Evora 420 Cup and Exige 420 Cup.

• Like 2

2016, unclear when. If JMG has confirmed the 311 for Frankfurt, we can assume that it will come next and the others will follow after. A nice preview for the drivetrain and welcome return to the tradition of Cup cars with more horsepower. The current Cup car's advantages aren't correctly understood by buyers. Having 20 more horsepowers will help build the Cup brand up to where it should be - range-topping genuine Lotus Motorsport built cars. Trouble is, everyone will want one now!

Exige 420 Cup = Der Porsche-Mörder!

• Like 2

Lotus really is back aren't they...  Looking forward to what they can do!

2016, unclear when. If JMG has confirmed the 311 for Frankfurt, we can assume that it will come next and the others will follow after. A nice preview for the drivetrain and welcome return to the tradition of Cup cars with more horsepower. The current Cup car's advantages aren't correctly understood by buyers. Having 20 more horsepowers will help build the Cup brand up to where it should be - range-topping genuine Lotus Motorsport built cars. Trouble is, everyone will want one now!

Exige 420 Cup = Der Porsche-Mörder!

It sounds like the next 24 months at Hethel are going to be quite hectic, almost make or break and pivotal 2 years...  Exige 420 Cup sounds like a Lotus will be more powerful than the equivalent Porsche (Cayman GT4) it's a first (?!) However I consider the Evora should get even more BHP to distinguish it from the Exige...  Now I'm really curious to see that Eleven, it has an exige tub with an Evora engine bed and it will be the new engine bed that the Evora 400 got. Now  the question is, is that  tub the revamped one (lower and thinner sills) or the current one considering  that the car has no doors, it's not that big of a deal but it would speak volume on the engineering that's been done behind the gates of Hethel.

I would imagine the new tubs will be more rigid despite the lower sills. I have heard that the Evora 400 tub is more rigid than the current one. In that case it's more likely that Lotus will use the new tub in the 311, but then again, side impact protection needs to be taken into accout, especially if they are intended for racing. For that reason they may use the older tubs. Personally I'd love it if the Motorsport cars kept a high sill.

Power:weight (using bhp, not PS, i.e. 414bhp for the Exige and 311 and 375 for the Cayman GT4)

Cayman GT4 - 279 bhp per ton

991 GT3 RS - 344 bhp per ton

Exige 420 Cup at 1110kg (it should be lighter) - 376 bhp per ton (current V6 Cup is 313)

311- 461 bhp per ton (at 900kg)!!!

:D

• Like 1