free hit
counters
3-Eleven - Page 11 - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

3-Eleven

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 2016-03-11 at 08:46, LF1 said:

Good to see the 3-11 heading up Pistonheads homepage today. 

The yellow car doing the rounds in Europe that set the record; I am assuming this is the race version with the sequential that happens to have been road registered - this won't be the norm with customer race versions?

On 2016-03-11 at 09:30, Bravo73 said:

That is correct. 

Just out of curiosity, how difficult is the Xtrac to drive with on public roads/city traffic? Would it be something one could live with and go for the race version rather than the road version? Does anyone here have experience of that? It seems from the review in Topgear that the race version is in fact pretty easy to drive, so why not go for a race speced road registered car then?

43 minutes ago, kokostrollet said:

Just out of curiosity, how difficult is the Xtrac to drive with on public roads/city traffic? Would it be something one could live with and go for the race version rather than the road version? Does anyone here have experience of that? It seems from the review in Topgear that the race version is in fact pretty easy to drive, so why not go for a race speced road registered car then?

It's not terribly difficult, if you don't mind spending money on replacing the clutch quite often -- stop and go traffic is a killer on the clutch with the Xtrac.  Also, the "dogs" would wear more quickly due to the necessity for partial load/slow speed shifting that would be typical in road use.... not what the Xtrac and ECU/TCU programing  for flat shift and auto-blip were designed to deal with..... ;)

• Like 2

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

• 1 year later...

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/lotus/lotus-ceo-reveals-roadmap-two-new-sports-cars-coming-in-2020-suv-by-2022/

JMG reveals in that interview 20 final edition 3-Elevens are to be made. They'll be different too, quite quick as well :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 1/28/2018 at 11:39, Bibs said:

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/lotus/lotus-ceo-reveals-roadmap-two-new-sports-cars-coming-in-2020-suv-by-2022/

JMG reveals in that interview 20 final edition 3-Elevens are to be made. They'll be different too, quite quick as well :D

White with red and blue stickers - no mechanical changes

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also going for the Komo-tec KoBra4 big brake kit front and rear - Performance Friction 343mm discs (standard 330mm) and brake pads - since I managed to exhaust the standard pads at Castle Combe last year after multiple hard laps. 

http://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Other-Lotus/3-Eleven/Brakes/Brake-Kit-Ko-Bra4-4-Exige-S-V6.html

Here's the link to the Komo-tec 475 engine upgrade too:

http://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Other-Lotus/3-Eleven/Power-Phases/

-PFC brake pads front and rear

• Like 1

Will be ridiculously fast, quicker than the factory race version. Not much will live with that on a trackday. Keep us posted with how you get on. When are you having it fitted?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, baronbennyt said:

I'm also going for the Komo-tec KoBra4 big brake kit front and rear - Performance Friction 343mm discs (standard 330mm) and brake pads - since I managed to exhaust the standard pads at Castle Combe last year after multiple hard laps. 

http://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Other-Lotus/3-Eleven/Brakes/Brake-Kit-Ko-Bra4-4-Exige-S-V6.html

Here's the link to the Komo-tec 475 engine upgrade too:

http://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Other-Lotus/3-Eleven/Power-Phases/

-PFC brake pads front and rear

I can only recomend the Kobra4 brakes (PFC) ... probably the best upgrade for me - but I came from the standard 1 piece system ...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Pits said:

Will be ridiculously fast, quicker than the factory race version. Not much will live with that on a trackday. Keep us posted with how you get on. When are you having it fitted?

The plan, at this stage, is before end of April. 

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, geartox said:

is there any weather protection available for the 3 eleven (something similar to Caterham equipments) ?

No. You can order a shower cap for the cockpit but it's only for use when the car is stationary. If it rains you have to keep moving...same in an Ariel Atom. Lucky the weather's so good in the UK you don't need to worry about weather protection ;) 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, baronbennyt said:

No. You can order a shower cap for the cockpit but it's only for use when the car is stationary. If it rains you have to keep moving...same in an Ariel Atom. Lucky the weather's so good in the UK you don't need to worry about weather protection ;) 

Who sells the shower caps please

19 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Who sells the shower caps please

Any Lotus dealer should be able to order you one - my 3-Eleven indoor car cover plus outdoor cockpit shower cap has come through Lotus Bell & Colvill. 

24 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Strange!!

Spoke to lotus and they said they don't do them.....

I'm collecting my "shower cap" from B&C on Saturday so I'll post you after what the situation is. 

I see you can also order them from Komo-tec in Germany (but not cheap!):

https://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Other-Lotus/3-Eleven/Miscellaneous/

Part number is A145X6000S and I believe retail is £341 + VAT.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

3 hours ago, geartox said:

can you really drive the car when it's raining ? no risk to damage the interior of the car ?

When driving, as long as you keep above approx. 50mph then the rain blows over the cockpit. Anything below that speed and you and the cockpit are getting wet. If you're caught outside stationary and it's raining you can fit the shower cape over the cockpit. Basically, you need to plan well ahead and watch the weather forecast like a hawk. Dry days only really. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, the first track day of the year in the 3-Eleven at Castle Combe with 'Lotus on Track' last week did not start well: having returned home the night before the track day after a long business trip I found there was no life in the car. It quickly became apparent that the battery had died after I failed to click the kill switch before I left the country. But those nice chaps at Lotus Bell & Colvill (B&C) in West Horsely, Surrey sent round a technician who quickly identified a small button behind the battery that woke it from its hibernation. Phew! 

The 3-Eleven has also been treated to its first annual service recently at B&C which fitted new rear tyres (Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2) and front brake pads. The Lotus had been a bit wayward at its final track day of the year at Bedford last September so the new boots were definitely needed. And the result? Well, I've got to know the 3-Eleven pretty well now having done almost 4,000 miles in it and enjoyed many track days, so at a warm Castle Combe we were both in our element. Probably the fastest I have driven it to date, but there's still plenty more to come from the lightweight if not the driver...

If you have a Lotus and are thinking of taking it on a track day for the first time then I couldn't recommend 'Lotus on Track' enough. Everyone drove quickly but courteously and the atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly. 

Everything was perfect on the day then until this idiot ran the car dry trying to get to the nearest petrol station having left it too late on the circuit. Live and learn...next track day will be with B&C on 10th May. Bring it on! 

Lotus 3.jpg

Lotus 2.jpg

lotus 1.jpg

Lotus 4.jpg

• Like 1

Will see you back there on the 10th. Just hoping noise won't be too much of an issue with the Evoras.

Very unfair to rock up with 475bhp this time!