free hit
counters
3-Eleven - Page 6 - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

3-Eleven

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Is there anyway to we get a good picture of the TFT screen... I'm surprised Lotus did not see fit to snap a pic or two in the studio. I can't make sense of the display layout and it would be a good indication of some things to come out of Hethel 

There's this one. 

20150626104446-4fad3b951.jpg

The blurb in the text says it's TFT and switchable between road and track modes. 

Not sure if it's an off the shelf unit, but it certainly resembles this:

http://www.racedatasystems.com/motec-motorsport-electronics-race-smart/motec-dash-displays/motec-c127-colour-dash-logger.html

The TLF posts on facebook for the 3-Eleven launch have already reached over 60,000 people :D :D :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It's the area behind the engine, immediately in front of the rear number plate. Unfinished on the show car, but I believe it will offer rudimentary storage. I only got a brief glance, but it certainly appeared deep enough to carry a crash helmet.

just stick a roof on it and call it an exige? its got a very well styled back end...  looks expensive too. good job.

although one chap on the stand told me it was a completely new chassis and was longer!?!?

There's this one. 

The blurb in the text says it's TFT and switchable between road and track modes. 

http://www.racedatasystems.com/motec-motorsport-electronics-race-smart/motec-dash-displays/motec-c127-colour-dash-logger.html

Whichever brand it is, it is a welcome addition.  

The stock dash provided little useful info and that which was useful was difficult to discern at a quick glance, which is required when on track.  Having programmable alarms and switchable "pages"  are great features as well.

I had to go with one of these for the CupR ...... many switchable pages that you custom configure....two examples-- first for vital engine parameters and track data; second for general engine info .   :)

post-7947-0-84413600-1435596102.jpg

post-7947-0-61467000-1435596115.jpg

• Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

just stick a roof on it and call it an exige? its got a very well styled back end...  looks expensive too. good job.

although one chap on the stand told me it was a completely new chassis and was longer!?!?  

If it's a completely new chassis it is still based on the small platform underpinings the Elise and Exige by the look of the tub. 

Sticking a roof to it would mean adding doors, a windshield, a rear window... which would mean extra weight and fitting the car with A/C, windscreen wipers, some form of interior however spartan... the car would then be much heavier...

There's this one. 

Thanks I was more hoping for a dead centered head shot but I'll gladly take this... for the time being. I'll put the absence of studios shots on the fact that Lotus pretty much rushed the unveil of this car which was not supposed to be seen before the fall if I remember well.

I really hope that TFT screen is a sign of tech things to come over to lotus cars before soon. TFT screen technology and their harness is a good way to save more than a few grams as the technology is making them lighter and lighter. One item on DB's plan was to go all LED screen across the range as they allow for personalization from model to model all the while generating savings by just buying one identical panel for models. I think that item deserves to be kept.

It is a Motec unit they are using for the dash display, and is a full data logger also.

Not sure of the exact price but expect no change from 2.5k +vat, maybe more.

Not something they are going to be able to put into all of the cars as std as far too costly.

Be nice as a cost option though from new.

Edited by TheKevlarKid
  • Like 1

If it's a completely new chassis it is still based on the small platform underpinings the Elise and Exige by the look of the tub. 

Sticking a roof to it would mean adding doors, a windshield, a rear window... which would mean extra weight and fitting the car with A/C, windscreen wipers, some form of interior however spartan... the car would then be much heavier...

yes but i could drive that one to italy and spain as i do my v6 exige :) 

its an interesting question..... i think the exige is due a face lift 2016?

how the hell you shoe horn doors into the complex sides of the 3-11 is going to be tough ask BUT they should try as it looks like an expensive bit of kit like that....its also v modern styling and areo without being silly and modern is precisely where lotus should be. the sides and back end are really very, very good imho....   

the cheap plastic side-pods, dash, quality of plastics  etc is going to be a limiting factor in upping the ticket price on the existing exige v6 and selling in size.  they recognized this on the evora i assume they therefore they recognize this on the exige. 

the 3-11with a swooping roof it will look even more valuable, aggressive and accessible. the styling continues the departure away from the long lotus trend pre v6 exige. there is no shrink wrapping here, no rounded lines just as many straight lines as possible blended / balanced in that specifically accentuate size and presence .... not hide it.....  

i jumped from s1 elises, exiges to the v6 exige because for me the v6 wasnt just an elise coupe package with a wing (but does have a completely useless wing lol ). i saw the exige v6 as a mule, its change in styling philosophy, the big lump in the back  and ordered one immediately. its price level was another category and there were risks with the company. but lots of others did the same thing too which shows there's really strong appetite for the right product ... its been a great success and has to a certain extent put the co back on the map. the the product needs to keep moving on.... 

if i could get that 3-11 with a roof, wipers, a/c and a radio i would order it today. bet im not the only person globally thinking that either... 

i certainly know JP and i would rolling around tussling on the  B&C forecourt  over who would get theirs first :))) surely a good thing for lotus ?  

gt4 ? don't make laugh ! marque comparisons to this exige would start with an M or an F not P or Zzzzzz ...

That's an image I find a bit unsettling after your recent Facebook profile pic! Definitely arm wrestle you for it though, providing we agreed to talk about the game on Saturday immediately afterwards (Planes, Trains and Automobiles ref)!

:tumbleweed:

I'm hoping there might still be a few 311s available when the new V6 Cup is announced. I'll make my final decision then. But the Exige Cup format does work really well for driving to and from track days. I also did a 3000 miles Euro trip in my current Cup so it can do that too. I tried trailering and found 60mph just too tedious. I then tried trailering at 85mph and that was too exciting!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

That's great news Bibs - I'm starting negotiations to sell a kidney and my testicles (well, my kids are 21 and 18 now and I ain't no way going through that again!) so who knows, I might just get enough together in time for the 312th 311!    :huh:

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Design-wise, I feel the latest McLaren productions have made plenty of sport cars dated, and the 3-11 clearly step-up the Lotus game (I'd change the headlights to thinnest ones)

(ex) Elise S1 (VIN 357) LHD

its an interesting question..... i think the exige is due a face lift 2016?

how the hell you shoe horn doors into the complex sides of the 3-11 is going to be tough ask BUT they should try as it looks like an expensive bit of kit like that....its also v modern styling and areo without being silly and modern is precisely where lotus should be. the sides and back end are really very, very good imho....   

the cheap plastic side-pods, dash, quality of plastics  etc is going to be a limiting factor in upping the ticket price on the existing exige v6 and selling in size.  they recognized this on the evora i assume they therefore they recognize this on the exige. 

the 3-11with a swooping roof it will look even more valuable, aggressive and accessible. the styling continues the departure away from the long lotus trend pre v6 exige. there is no shrink wrapping here, no rounded lines just as many straight lines as possible blended / balanced in that specifically accentuate size and presence .... not hide it.....  

i jumped from s1 elises, exiges to the v6 exige because for me the v6 wasnt just an elise coupe package with a wing (but does have a completely useless wing lol ). i saw the exige v6 as a mule, its change in styling philosophy, the big lump in the back  and ordered one immediately. its price level was another category and there were risks with the company. but lots of others did the same thing too which shows there's really strong appetite for the right product ... its been a great success and has to a certain extent put the co back on the map. the the product needs to keep moving on.... 

if i could get that 3-11 with a roof, wipers, a/c and a radio i would order it today. bet im not the only person globally thinking that either... 

i certainly know JP and i would rolling around tussling on the  B&C forecourt  over who would get theirs first :))) surely a good thing for lotus ?  

gt4 ? don't make laugh ! marque comparisons to this exige would start with an M or an F not P or Zzzzzz ...

I get your point, the exige is supposed to get a slightly wider and lower silled tub next year but a roofed version of the 3-11 would not be a restyled Exige S. It would be an entirely new car, it would have a new chassis ; the engine bed/rear section would be a carry over but over than the lights up front, every single bit of skin would be new alongside with the cockpit. However if a coupe based on the 3-11 lines would be one good looking machine, a serious departure from the present design which is just a lengthened Elise. Indeed it would be a great way to reposition the Exige.   

Edited by NedaSay

The aero sculpting would look amazing on an Exige and would make the car more exotic. I particularly like the extra air outlets next to the headlights. However there is no precedent from the 211 in terms of styling influence over the fixed roof car. Having said that the 340R did preview the Elise S2 lights. But I still think it's doubtful that much of the 311 will end up in the new Exige but I'm hoping the styling won't change much anyway, I'm hoping Mrs Pits won't notice that I've changed my car!

:D

• Like 1

I'm hoping Mrs Pits won't notice that I've changed my car!

:D

lol, that was my plan going from a Titanium Storm/Red Elise to a Carbon/Venom Exige Roadster.... Didn't work :(

I think the exhaust note may have given it away :D

• Like 1