free hit
counters
3-Eleven - Page 8 - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

good news. but interesting priority's here. have they already written off the evora400 before its press actual launch ? 

a dirty evora mule at GFoS (which i believe is now 'the' place to convert into sales as opposed to traditional car shows) and all eyes on a newer ultra low volume product all press reports on a SUV due 2019 and JMG doing a DB and promising more and more new products very soon.

they are either total geniuses or completely stupid. only time will tell..... 

First of, Evora has its own production line now while Elise Exige and 3 Eleven will share the same production line and I believe that allows the 45 cars are going to be easy to slotted on that production line. Evora production has already started... which leads to my

second point, production of the 3-Eleven will not start until February 2016. Finally, part of the 3-Eleven manufacturing will surely be made by the motorsport division so each car will have its own little bay in the motorsport building.

So lets not try to see a problem where there is none. JMG is promising products that are in development and which are only variants of existing models. DB did not do that.  Other than the SUV which is not entirely in JMG's hands he has total control over his plan. He also knows that if there's a lot of life left in Elise and Exige, they need to be refreshed in order to stay appealing when compared to Alfa 4C, Cayman and Boxster. therefore the 2017 Exige will have a dash layout with plenty of Evora DNA and a body using the same material used on the 3-Eleven. Elise will get a new body using that same material and a dash that will be pretty similar if not identical to Exige. 

Yes, 3-Eleven has a lot of new material but if you look at it for a second, you'll realize that the chassis is shared with the upcoming Exige and Elise, the rear substructure is shared with Evora 400 and upcoming Exige 400. The suspension layout is from the Evora 400. the body design and material is new and that material will be used on most new models.

JMG is using one page of DB's plan higher level of commonalities in the underpinnings. So expect all future products to share a lot more components from dashboard to looms and all the way to wishbones... So far he has delivered according to plan.

And if he presents a 4-Eleven in 2 years just expect a powerhike and an even more aggressive design based on the same chassis.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sport auto's testdriver Christian Gebhardt in the Lotus 3-Eleven, laptime 1.06,2 min;quickest series production car on small circuit: 2. Porsche 918 1.06,3; 3. Gumpert Apollo 1.07,2; 4. Radical

While I've been asked to not share the exact number, I can say that the 3-Eleven is definitely a sales success so far!

So, I've just bitten the bullet and agreed to pay a deposit to Hangar 111 for the Komo-tec 475bhp engine upgrade and their Performance Friction big brake kit (front and rear discs and pads). I'm plann

Posted Images

...Elise and Exige, they need to be refreshed in order to stay appealing when compared to Alfa 4C, Cayman and Boxster. therefore the 2017 Exige will have a dash layout with plenty of Evora DNA and a body using the same material used on the 3-Eleven. Elise will get a new body using that same material and a dash that will be pretty similar if not identical to Exige. 

Is it something you've been informed to or read somewhere? Sounds great as a plan!

Edited by FredP

(ex) Elise S1 (VIN 357) LHD

Is it something you've been informed to or read somewhere? Sounds great as a plan!

From autocar

New versions of the Elise and Exige are also in the works, said Gales. “The next Exige and Elise will be faster and lighter,” he said, a formula that will be true of all future Lotuses under Gales’s reign. Cars will also be more practical for everyday use.

It is not something I can back up with insider knowledge. However it is something JMG has very strongly hinted at from the things he has done and said so far. The cars will be more practical to use for customers... And they will also be more practical to manufacture... The easiest way to achieve that is greater commonality in parts and better/more rational assembly processes. JMG already said the cars will have better ergonomics, so it's pretty safe to say that the some levers and switches from the current Elige are going to make way for Evora components.  

He also said the car will be lighters, which if we exclude process means you go into material... The material used on the 3Eleven is 40% lighter than GRP and allows intricate and sophisticated design while being at least as strong as GRP. I do think that Lotus is going to progressively ditch GRP and adopt that new composite.  

Still Elise and Exige will still share a common chassis , the small platform and it is safe to say that there's only so much they can personalize therefore just as Cayman and Boxter share the same interior Elise and Exige will probably share theirs.

Please note that better processes should profit all cars... And the first proof is we've seen a prototype parts of an Evora "Sports 400" seat  essentially an Elige Probax seat on Evora rollers.   

Edited by NedaSay
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure what that will achieve if all they are going to display the 311.  Looks somewhat a half-hearted attempt I have to say.

I am a bit upset that it´s totally hidden on the official website. Not among the cars in the model range, neither can it be found under the Motorsport heading. 

Even if they have already sold all cars (which I doubt) they should show it on the website. I cannot understand why it´s not there.

??? Its on the main front page of the Lotus website. Are you UK based?

http://www.lotuscars.com/3eleven/

Buddsy

No, I am Sweden based.

You are right, I notice now I can see it in the carousel main picture on the homepage if I wait long enough (comes as picture number 2, the Evora 400 is number one), but that takes quite some time and my guess is that a normal visitor to the site has already navigated somewhere by that time.

If I try to find it via the menu, I cannot do it. 

Edited by kokostrollet
  • Like 1

??? Its on the main front page of the Lotus website. Are you UK based?

http://www.lotuscars.com/3eleven/

Buddsy

It isn't on any of the menus, or listed in the current range. It only comes upper in the scrolling banner image area, if you wait for it to revolve round (the first thing you will see is the Evora 400)

It's not immediately obvious if you click on these images they will take you to the cars sub sites either. Rather it just looks like some fancy graphics to add some bling to the homepage.

So the truth lies somewhere in between.

Saying that who is going to go to www.lotuscars.com and not know about the 3 eleven anyway? Probably more important is first hit in google search for "lotus 3 eleven" takes you straight to http://www.lotuscars.com/3eleven/;)

It isn't on any of the menus, or listed in the current range. It only comes upper in the scrolling banner image area, if you wait for it to revolve round (the first thing you will see is the Evora 400)

It's not immediately obvious if you click on these images they will take you to the cars sub sites either. Rather it just looks like some fancy graphics to add some bling to the homepage.

So the truth lies somewhere in between.

Saying that who is going to go to www.lotuscars.com and not know about the 3 eleven anyway? Probably more important is first hit in google search for "lotus 3 eleven" takes you straight to http://www.lotuscars.com/3eleven/ ;)

Maybe I am picky, but being a bit of a structure fascist plus working with digital marketing as a daily job, I think they could improve how they present the cars and I think it should be available in the menu as well on the website. It should be more intuitive than what it is.

Of course there are only a few are prospective buyers of the 3-Eleven, but that model is much more important than that as it showcases what Lotus as a car brand can do and I am sure that helps selling the other, cheaper and less special cars as well. 

Maybe I am picky, but being a bit of a structure fascist plus working with digital marketing as a daily job, I think they could improve how they present the cars and I think it should be available in the menu as well on the website. It should be more intuitive than what it is.

Of course there are only a few are prospective buyers of the 3-Eleven, but that model is much more important than that as it showcases what Lotus as a car brand can do and I am sure that helps selling the other, cheaper and less special cars as well. 

I completely agree with you. I suspect they just opted for the easy route of stuffing it in the carousel, rather than embark on redesigning the 3 column layout they use further down on the home page, or adding it to the menus.

After all the Type 125 is listed on the menu system, surely that is more niche than the 3 eleven :D

They've been told this along with a reminder to remove the Evora S and Evora SR from the website menus :)

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ill speak to Richard see if hes still got the pass codes so I can do it my self  :secret:

(of course Im only joking)

Buddsy :w00t:

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

just back from south of france.... 

usual crass display from the arabs and their golden wrapped phantom drop heads all on kuwait plates..... usual line up of LaFs, aventador SVs, 918s,  Zonda Cinq (that was awesome) and the ones that begin with an H that i cant spell.... AMGS Ad nauseam... etc etc...even that 6 wheeler thingy...

BUT i noticed something v interesting.... they seem to be getting bored with all their cousins having the same cars and are switching into poverty that yields exclusivity (i mean when every cousin mahmood has a LaF whats a 20 year old to do!!!!????)...

2 KTM X Bows getting probably more attention than the lot! the 3-11 could be a P&L beneficiary here for lotus (at the expense of the brand)... 

indecently out of everything, bar the Cinq i would take the 918 every time.... 

Grey Lotus Exige seen leaving Jenson Button's villa at high speed in the early hours. Police have been asking if it's anyone on here. If you split the loot Diego I'll keep my mouth shut!  ;)

• 5 months later...
  • Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 3 weeks later...

Saw the 311 earlier at Silverstone Lotus. Shame they couldn't find time to put the wheel centres on the car but that seems the way at Hethel. I seem to remember the same when the 400 was launched.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

4 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

Saw the 311 earlier at Silverstone Lotus. Shame they couldn't find time to put the wheel centres on the car but that seems the way at Hethel. I seem to remember the same when the 400 was launched.

Trevor.

Is that what stood out most to you Trev ?

i saw it at Oakmere on Wednesday, it looked and sounded stunning.