free hit
counters
S2 battery (old style terminals) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Daniel

S2 battery (old style terminals)

I need a new battery for my S2. Finding one to fit is easy but I can't find one with the old style terminals as the pic.

Does anyone know if these types of batteries are available, failing that am I best making off new ends to suit a modern battery, or is there an adapter?

8E679750-B0B8-4E17-BE21-F1100105791B_zps

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would make new ends for the cables. Cheap and easy & that's what I did.

Pete

Most racing AGM batteries or lithium ion batteries have interchangeable terminals.  You can put on whatever you want or state the style required when ordering.

Lighter weight, higher CCA but lower capacity.

Adapters are available but is a bit of a bodge to be honest - just makes the lead look untidy and bulky.

Edited by Fueltheburn

A trip to halfords will get you a battery with a decent guarantee as well as new connectors. Cut the old connectors off and refit new ones job done. Phil

Don't cut your connectors off, buy a Yuasa. Got exact replacement from Just Car Batteries online, you can download a selection manual. Always bought Yuasa and always been great.

Couldn't find anything in the Yuasa range but I did find out that the terminal is a T4F and you can still get them.

Thanks for that.

Scrap that...... found it