free hit
counters
Evora adventure starts here! - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
CocoPops

Evora adventure starts here!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Home in 6hrs.

370 miles at 29.5mpg

Very capable car, loved the a701 as above. Car munched the miles on the m6/m5 without issue, allowing us to have a conversation without shouting.

Couple of niggles...

Satnav doesn't work, still thinks we're in Murray Lotus!

Window to door seal doesn't wipe pax window, about a 5-7mm gap between seal and door.... Normal? It will allow water down between the window and outer door skin.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Congratulations firstly Lee :) Very happy for you!

Sanav; get rid of the OEM one. A tip; I replaced mine with a Pioneer Apple Car Play one. Absolutely brilliant! Would you be coming to the next Newlands Close meet? If so, definitely take a gander at mine. It's made the whole satnav/ICE useable again.

Window; not normal. But certainly fixable. Pop into Bell and Colvill and they'll sort that out no problem if you cant solve yourself.

Cross post from vx220.org.uk:

So the next chapter started today, when I collected my Evora from Murray Lotus this morning.

Before an epic 370mile journey South to my parents house.

Before we set off:

4A76DF2E-15B2-4AB6-9EDA-B912A7982051_zps

370miles of Mixed road type including a epic sprint across the A701 from Edinburgh to A74(m).

29.5mpg over the 370miles, mostly cruise at 80.

It's a very capable car, easy to have a conversation, doesn't bash and crash through bumps.

After a quick wash by my dad! :lol:

254F0C35-930A-414C-92AE-EA75C77E9EC5_zps

Next up, change the sat nav stereo for something more up to date! Maybe an Apple CarPlay compatible unit.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats

That is a thing of beauty - hope you are enjoying it .....

I AM VERY jealous......

Swap it for some bedsits in Gloucester ???

Only here once

Hi Lee, My satnav didn't worn neither until l had a play round with it when I got home. You can eject the sat nav unit from the unit like a disc. It's a handheld unit that you can carry round with you. Mine needed reinserting again and it started to charge and worked again a couple hours later and has worked ok ever since. I would have a go yourself before ripping it out.

As for windows not sealing, are they raising when you close the door? Also I had the exact same problem as you when I collected my car. It turned out to be a blown interior light fuse. Somehow this is linked to the windows lifting when closing doors.

Regards

David

No, it's the waist line seal, runs between door and window.

Basically it will allow the door to fill with water currently... Although there is a drain hole in the bottom of the door, I'm not sure it's ideal.

2FB09363-3159-45E2-82EC-16B116650DC2_zps

At least it's not very bright. :getmecoat:

Very nice. :thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Hi Lee, I see what you mean now. I'll have a quick look T mine this morning and let you know how mine looks. Yours doesn't look right. Not sure if it's the window track that needs pushing forward or the window strip needs moving back? How does this line up with the top of the door, is it parallel all the way across?

Taking the door card off is easy, I took mine off within first week of ownership after my drivers door handle came off in my hand! I would never dream of attempting a job on any other car given the cost of them but I feel at home with the Lotus and have always tinkered on my Esprit.

This is part of why I bought it as I like to tweak it and don't get as bored with the car as quickly.

Sanav; get rid of the OEM one. A tip; I replaced mine with a Pioneer Apple Car Play one. Absolutely brilliant! Would you be coming to the next Newlands Close meet? If so, definitely take a gander at mine. It's made the whole satnav/ICE useable again.

Saw this set up. This is a very neat and usable solution.

I thought I had a long box... But is this the CR box?

637BCB17-A87C-4E01-B908-5D3CDEEE0B03_zps

Is that 6th gear? If so then I think you may have CR box.

Yep, 6th.

You'd be doing over 80 at those revs on the long box, so looks like you have the CR.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

According to the service notes you can identify a SR box by stamping on the gearbox itself. Not that easy to access though.

post-13648-0-02127800-1428261200.png

Copied from the Service Notes

I'd strongly suggest that you buy the service notes and parts list from Lotus. Makes ownership so much easier if you intend to do any work on your car (or just happens to be curious). Take a look at http://vsic.lotuscars.com. Worth every £ if you ask me.

Do these issues also occur on the MY 2012 onwards?

So it's definitely a CR box.

I had a look at mine on the way home tonight and i was at 2,100 revs at 70, 2,500 was about 82

First mod done....

Fitted my Powerfold switch :lol:

Onto my third tank of fuel now as well :D

:thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Next "mod" has been ordered :thumbsup:

Pioneer F970-DAB

avic-f970dab_hero_gallery.jpg

ISO Harness

DAB Aerial

I will use the info I've found on here and elsewhere to remove the specific Alpine plug and fit the standard ISO plugset, this will allow easy connection of the Pioneer unit and any subsequent headunit in the future as the car will have the ISO harness.

Alpine pin out

Here is the color coding for the wires:

BLACK : GND

BlUE : Remote SW (Subwoofer)

Green : Reverse

Thin black : Handbrake

White-black : LH-

White: LH+

Grey-black : RH-

Grey: RH+

Yellow : Speed signal

Red-black : Illumination

Pink : IGN

Violet : BATT+

Along with this:

techpack_zps0ufavtbj.jpg

I think my plan of attack is to buy an ISO extension lead similar (or same) as this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Celsus-AIS2101-ISO-Lead-Extension/dp/B000TNPN7I/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1429035576&sr=1-4&keywords=iso+extension

• Like 2