free hit
counters
Evora adventure starts here! - Page 6 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
CocoPops

Evora adventure starts here!

Looks good Lee, looking at all contrast stitching I think that yellow really stands out the most (hence why I had some on my VX).:thumbup:

Have you got Jim's exhaust yet to fit?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

To be fair, they're all low cost changes.

new seats £1200, sold old ones for £950.

new wheel £120

gearknob was included in purchase price from  Murrays.

I fitted a NEW MY10 steering wheel with yellow stitching to tie in with the seats I fitted back in August.

ED2EA908-5941-49D5-87D9-30A0F461054B_zps

Ah, it was one of the older, skinnier wheels. I always presumed that you would've wanted one of the thicker wheels. 

Saying that, I imagine that it was originally meant to be a Hertitage wheel. Therefore a perfect match for your seats!

There wasn't a choice.

I have to say, my experience of dealing with ES wasn't the best. I chased and chased, left phone messages, Facebook messages, emails.

not one call back, was ready to give up, until eventually Jordan (at ES) helped me out by taking a card number. I had no idea what was going to arrive until it turned up.

so based on this experience, would I use ES Motorsport again? Not unless their customer service improves!

I've heard mixed reviews on the MY12 steering wheel - some like it's thicker shape, but some don't, prefering the feel of the original as it has less of a "moulded" pattern. I guess it is different horses for different courses.

Are you looking at any other "heritage" pieces Cocopops? I guess these are ideal for the yellow cars and it really does look special, much cheaper than a retrim too. :)

Depends depends what comes up :)

the wheel at ES only came up in a conversation with Bravo :)

Top work and the consistency of a theme is working very well. 

On 15/10/2015 at 12:44, Stuno1 said:

Top work and the consistency of a theme is working very well. 

Consistency of a theme you say... :lol:

New Spoiler fittings?

2563B463-86C5-4FC7-8E56-976EACB31CEB_zps

Funny how the colour changes with/without flash:

4C9A9945-C3E7-4107-938E-FE905231C725_zps

In place:

7A2C4221-74BD-462B-845D-B188F10729BB_zps

Together:

9676391E-D0DA-4288-A75C-CCAFA98D12DE_zps

• Like 1

So today my Evora found its voice! It's a different car with a proper soundtrack.

Ive been waiting and waiting for 2bulat track system but when a genuine Lotus Sports exhaust came up in eBay that looks in good nick I put in a cheeky offer of £320 and it was accepted.

Fast forward to today and it turns out the Sports Exhaust is indeed good nick... Because it's never been fitted... Brand new old stock!! £320!! Proper bargain if you ask me.

A few hours of @JG220's time and it's fitted. Transformed the car. It's awesome!

D8E954EA-2BB9-4819-B8C5-F50F0E2616CE_zps

91707CFF-B409-429A-94B2-24E1DE178B19_zps

Stubborn bolt had to be cut and replaced:

99A6CA86-7C8D-4D5D-B8D0-A488FF4A2740_zps

All done:

85E9B0F2-6B03-40A0-9A89-2F8E346452BF_zps

Thanks James again for your help!

• Like 2

Fitted the same exhaust yes them bolts are a ba....... Also fitted a decat pipe now .

plus I changed the under tray bolts with stainless ones .

eddie 

Yup, already had decat as an interim measure last year to make the standard back box to sound better, so works well with it now.

Makes some lovely little brrrp noises on overrun :thumbsup:

Hi Lee. Mine came with that exhaust and it does sound great - going downhill, Crieff high street, coasting in 2nd Gear it pops, gurgles and farts with the sound jumping off the buildings on each side (narrow road, high buildings ;) ). Like you, I have the decat too.  

Does that mean you have canned the idea of the 2bular now?

I ask because I've been looking at two options:

1. the KomoTec EV300 kit and they are checking for me whether I can retain the Lotus sports exhaust (the Kit is new headers, exhaust, sport cat. ECU tune ...) with the rest of the Kit. Also whether I can use the KomoTec Carbon induction kit too which looks superb.

2. 2bular full track system

The Komotec looks like the cheaper option, is based on proven stuff too (I think it's the same headers they use in all the EV kits etc.) so if I can keep my Sports exhaust that just may be the way to go.

Who knows, the 2bular track still isn't ready :( I've been on the list since July last year.

27 minutes ago, a7esk said:

Fitted the same exhaust yes them bolts are a ba....... Also fitted a decat pipe now .

plus I changed the under tray bolts with stainless ones .

eddie 

Hi Eddie - out of interest what stainless bolts did you use?  That'll be another upgrade I make just to keep things tickety boo for the next owner in the future ;)

On 19 March 2016 at 17:46, C8RKH said:

Hi Eddie - out of interest what stainless bolts did you use?  That'll be another upgrade I make just to keep things tickety boo for the next owner in the future ;)

Had some old stock in the garage the ones in the middle be careful as you can break the rods .

• Like 1