free hit
counters
Evaporator - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I search the word "evaporator" and come up with nothing. Anyone know of any posts on evaporator removal? I suspect mine is leaking. Can you inspect any or it before removal. I've dyed my Ac system and ran the black light over it and I've found no leaks so far. It's too hot in New Orleans to run without Ac.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Did you shine the UV inside the right hand frame rail by the passenger seat? That's where the A/C hoses run. So, remove the passenger seat, pry up the rail carpet, and have at it. :huh:

Likely areas of concern other than hoses are the compressor shaft, the refrigerant Schrader valves, and the elbow under the dash...

Sure there was a thread on here very recently about somebody who changed the evaporator.  I tend to agree that the search option is pretty hit or miss

Did you shine the UV inside the right hand frame rail by the passenger seat? That's where the A/C hoses run. So, remove the passenger seat, pry up the rail carpet, and have at it. :huh:

Likely areas of concern other than hoses are the compressor shaft, the refrigerant Schrader valves, and the elbow under the dash...

I will check under the passenger seat. Thanks for the heads up. I replaced my Ac compressor already. That was the first leak that I found. I'm not surprised that there is more than one. Shreader valves are new and retrofitted.

Just to clarify, the A/C lines run inside the carpeted "rail" (or sill) next to the seat...where the outboard seatbelt is anchored.

Why does everyone say offside or nearside when we deal with a both side forum? What's wrong with right or left? :scared:

I have to keep going back to see who posted to see where the pipes go.

Yep. I have a leak somewhere as well. :(

When you're as old as I am, offside and near side references are second nature. And I suppose left and right hand depends on whether you're looking from the front, or the back.

Whatever, hope you get you're leak sorted. It must be hell in Oz in summer with dodgy A/C.

When you're as old as I am, offside and near side references are second nature. And I suppose left and right hand depends on whether you're looking from the front, or the back.

Whatever, hope you get you're leak sorted. It must be hell in Oz in summer with dodgy A/C.

When you are as old as that you say things like "In front of the horse or back of the horse".  :harhar:

We have many customers with both left & right hand drive vehicles. We always say left or right side to keep it straight.

Not enough hours in the day around here. I charged up my A/C system and will let the freon leak out once more to make sure there is plenty of oil and U/V dye around the leak. 

Thanks for all the help guys!