free hit
counters
Evaporator - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I search the word "evaporator" and come up with nothing. Anyone know of any posts on evaporator removal? I suspect mine is leaking. Can you inspect any or it before removal. I've dyed my Ac system and ran the black light over it and I've found no leaks so far. It's too hot in New Orleans to run without Ac.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you shine the UV inside the right hand frame rail by the passenger seat? That's where the A/C hoses run. So, remove the passenger seat, pry up the rail carpet, and have at it. :huh:

Likely areas of concern other than hoses are the compressor shaft, the refrigerant Schrader valves, and the elbow under the dash...

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

Did you shine the UV inside the right hand frame rail by the passenger seat? That's where the A/C hoses run. So, remove the passenger seat, pry up the rail carpet, and have at it. :huh:

Likely areas of concern other than hoses are the compressor shaft, the refrigerant Schrader valves, and the elbow under the dash...

I will check under the passenger seat. Thanks for the heads up. I replaced my Ac compressor already. That was the first leak that I found. I'm not surprised that there is more than one. Shreader valves are new and retrofitted.

Why does everyone say offside or nearside when we deal with a both side forum? What's wrong with right or left? :scared:

I have to keep going back to see who posted to see where the pipes go.

Yep. I have a leak somewhere as well. :(

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

When you're as old as I am, offside and near side references are second nature. And I suppose left and right hand depends on whether you're looking from the front, or the back.

Whatever, hope you get you're leak sorted. It must be hell in Oz in summer with dodgy A/C.

Margate Exotics.

When you're as old as I am, offside and near side references are second nature. And I suppose left and right hand depends on whether you're looking from the front, or the back.

Whatever, hope you get you're leak sorted. It must be hell in Oz in summer with dodgy A/C.

When you are as old as that you say things like "In front of the horse or back of the horse".  :harhar:

We have many customers with both left & right hand drive vehicles. We always say left or right side to keep it straight.

Not enough hours in the day around here. I charged up my A/C system and will let the freon leak out once more to make sure there is plenty of oil and U/V dye around the leak. 

Thanks for all the help guys!