free hit
counters
Suppliers for recon waterpump - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Steven162

Suppliers for recon waterpump

Hi all,

The waterpump on my 87 Turbo HC needs new bearings/seals, has anybody any recent experience of the service offered by PNM Engineering or SJS for this, I dont want to wait too long or have to remove the pump because the work was not done properly.

Any other suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Steve

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lotus Marques in Melbourne Australia were brilliant... good price, remanufactured with a ceramic facing inserted so no more seal wear against cast iron, good price and quick... a long way to send it but if you're not getting anywhere locally could be worth it. 

Search the forums for "kemp"

They do one with ceramic seal, but check out the threads as there are comments & stories about the other options/suppliers

Dave

Steve at LM is great. A real gentleman and loves the cars. You can see his work on his website.

I'd suggest: Get a  kit from SJsportscars , PNM or Lotusbits and pop round to mine and we can press the old one out and new one it, or send whole pump off to one of those two places.

Andy

Seconded on customer service for Steve at Lotus Marques, but also outstanding customer service from SJ and PNM (and RD Enterprises and JAE here in the US); I'd say they all love the cars!

You could talk to Geoff @ Esprit Engineering.co.uk, he'll knock one up no probs. Give him a call perhaps?

Postage to and from Oz must be horrendous!

Kemp did my pump.

Fast and flawless.

Lars

• Like 1

I've just had mine on my Excel reconditioned at GST.

Chris

I sent the pump to PNM who did a good job, they even sprayed it silver.

Its back on and the car is running again, after over tensioning the cambelt first time all is now well. The top caphead screw on the airpump is probably the hardest bit of the whole job!