free hit
counters
50 shades of 'Military Grey' - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

50 shades of 'Military Grey'

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hello all! I'm currently building a motorcycle and I've been rather obsessed with this particular color for my gas tank, (Lotus military grey) Could anyone help me find the paint code? I'm having a hell of a time finding it.

If you get it done make sure you come back and share a photo or two  :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Very nice Nikolai, congrats on building a wonderful machine

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, LF1 said:

Mine's down with Rob now and then having the XPEL film applied to the front of the car. @TonyKL what film option did you end up with?

I have the XPEL film fitted, I wanted a full clam in one but it proved too difficult to do - go on ask them to do it :-)

21 hours ago, LF1 said:

Mine's down with Rob now and then having the XPEL film applied to the front of the car. @TonyKL what film option did you end up with?

Hi Tom,

I had my LF1 done by PaintShield last year, any swirls just disappear with ease with warm water or on a warm sunny day.

I could have had the whole car covered but in the end went with the sides, as illustrated, the front of the car marked blue and white and the wing mirrors.

Post some pics when the job is done.....

PaintshieldFront.jpg

PaintshieldSide.jpg

Paul, I suspect I had mine done at Paintshield literally the day after they went out to do yours, sometime early August 2015? The guy said he had been out to do an LF1 the previous day.

I went for the front half clam (blue in Pauls pictures), mirrors, sides and also had them design and make a section under the rear clam behind the wheels and slightly up the sides. They don't use Xpel anymore, the manufacture of my film began with an 'S' I think?