free hit
counters
Lotus Evora GTE. 1 of 6 RHD. - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
lotusforsale.com

Lotus Evora GTE. 1 of 6 RHD.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As a guess, I imagine that includes a healthy dealer margin. Also, it's only a 'starting' price.

The B&C car is up at £85k: http://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/usedcars/cardetail/100001753/Lotus/EVORA(Although the blue car has been listed with a mileage of 3k. Was it the development 'mule'?)

As a guess, I imagine that includes a healthy dealer margin. Also, it's only a 'starting' price.

Indeed it is only a starting price. You can pay more if you wish: "The car is priced at £94995 in standard specification or £99995 with the optional Komotec 430bhp conversion"

Indeed it is only a starting price. You can pay more if you wish: "The car is priced at £94995 in standard specification or £99995 with the optional Komotec 430bhp conversion"

25% More go for 5% more dough? Seems rude not to! :)

• Like 1

Interesting......relating to the Price that is nearly the territory of a slightly used, low mileage McL..........

Just to note, I paid considerably less. That price is quite outrageous..

Apples and pears Thomas. I'm sure your car and this are quite different.

Firstly RHD attracts a premium in the UK and as you know, there are 3 times as many LHD as there are RHD GTE's. This car is also the only GTE registered in 2015 so effectively brand new and won't need an MOT until 2018. Others are registered in 2012 making them need an MOT this year and for all intents and purposes, 3 year old cars. This GTE has an MY14 interior with latest satnav and only 300 miles on the clock, others have many more. It has a carbon roof (which I believe cost £20k on the Geneva carbon Evora), carbon A Pillars, carbon mirrors, carbon air intakes, carbon bulkhead, all of which will be more than £10k's worth. The premium paint and wheels also cost so it's fairly unique in terms of the GTE, hence the price.

Does the Bell & Colvill car not have a carbon roof etc?

Gav

No, none of the carbon which are extras. The B&C car is a stunner in it's own right but I just wanted to highlight the differences which justify the price of the Oakmere car. 

It also has carbon inner sills where most other Evora has leather! A really nice touch and more importantly practical.

I also noticed it has carbon mirrors too.

I've seen this car in the flesh about an hour ago and it's stunning! It surprises me how much wider it is compared to the standard Evora.

As for price, it's as Bibs said about this car being the only unregistered (it is now as they had to drive it back from Hethel) RHD GTE. The interior feels quite special too!

It's worth noting that it still cost Lotus more to make! It is a technically a bargain at that price!

For the way it looks alone I'd love to have one. My problem is that it would cost me a fortune as I'd have to put the Cosworth endurance race engine in it or have the charge cooled 400 engine retro-fitted, so that's another £15-£20k at best. But what a car! And still peanuts compared to a 991 GT3 at current UK prices! The smart thing to do is to use one lightly, keep the miles low and enjoy it as standard and one day you might even make a few quid.

A free Evora GTE, now who wouldn't want one of those? Yours for £95k.

That's not strictly true, mine was unregistered and a RHD car too.

Sorry, Forgot about your car Dom. They did mention you earlier today when chatting to Oakmere.

Apart from a sop to fans of its aesthetics, do any of the carbon bits bring any real technical advantages over the previously used GRP?

Seriously? It's carbon fibre, they've put men on the moon with lesser technology :-) Plus it cost a fortune, there needs to be no other reason. I could point and say "look, it's carbon fibre". I rest my case!

Trevor.

Ahh, I see. Iron pyrites might have been a better choice.

The carbon should save some weight, the GRP panels are surprisingly heavy.

Got any figures for that supposition? How heavy are grp mirrors compared with carbon fibre? What about the carbon fibre/leather weight ratio?

Smacks a bit of Emperor's New Clothes, although I won't deny the marketing opportunity. 

Ahh, I see. Iron pyrites might have been a better choice.

Fools gold indeed (yes I had to look that up). Or is it one step closer to an F1 car, may weee Rodney.

Trevor.

Got any figures for that supposition? How heavy are grp mirrors compared with carbon fibre? What about the carbon fibre/leather weight ratio?

Smacks a bit of Emperor's New Clothes, although I won't deny the marketing opportunity. 

My favorite CF nonsense is CF water bottle holders for bicycles. You can save more weight by putting 50ml less water in the bottle.

That said, CF is IMHO an amazing material - I thought aluminium was stiff and light, but this is a whole other level. If it's replacing structural elements, rather than just coating them for looks, Halfords style, I'm all for it. Not sure I'd pay that much  of a premium for it though, unless it did make the car 200kg lighter.

It's beyond doubt that carbon saves weight compared to GRP, but if you still really need to be convinced, one carbon roof I found for an Elise/Exige weighs 5 kg compared to the GRP roof which weighs 11kg. Having lifted my Elise's GRP hard top countless times, I'd say that figure is about right.

http://www.kgbcarbon.co.uk/lotus-elise-carbon-fibre-roof-and-rollbar-cover-kit.html

An Evora roof made of carbon can only offer a greater weight saving than that. Then there's the placement of the weight. Taking 5kg (or more!) out of the roof will lower the car's CofG. The roof is probably the first panel you would choose to replace with carbon. It's the first place BMW look for reducing the weight of their M cars.

The carbon parts on the Evora GTE at B&C are exquisitely well finished too. Carefully aligned herringbone weave, the whole lot. I am however allergic to fake carbon. The worlds most foul and pointless substance.

Are you comparing like with like regarding the carbon Elise roof and the GRP original? ie, A bare carbon unit against a fully trimmed OE roof.

Even so, let's be generous and say the carbon Evora roof is 8 or 9 kilos lighter than a GRP roof - on a car that is getting close to one and a half tonnes. The word negligible comes to mind. Except for the price of £20,000. Twenty grand to save under 0.75% of total weight? Mental. Emperor's New Clothes mental.

I think the use of CF on high end cars is fairly well established to be fair. 

Every little helps and especially in this case with a roof mounted high up. Maybe not a great deal of difference on acceleration but pulling G in a turn then every kilo multiplies.

Trevor.