free hit
counters
Exige V6 Wiper Blade - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Despite having covered only 5700 miles, my wiper blade seems to be utterly useless. I've searched a fair bit but haven't found a V6-specific wiper blade available - are they the same as the S2?

Also, having seen an uprated wiper arm on one site, does anyone know if such a thing would be of benefit, or is my miserable wiper experience quite unique?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

We've put the Bosch one on, Silverstone did as a "wiper upgrade" for £16 all in. Works perfectly. I looked to buy the blade and do it myself but it was twice the price. Will try and find out the part number.

• Like 2

When I picked mine up I asked about a wiper upgrade option - I was just told to change the OEM blade frequently. Anything that might improve on the stock item would be useful. 

A good covering of Rain-X might also help?

I am surprised you lasted that long - mine was changed at the 1k service by Silverstone - the original blade was terrible!

For me the OEM one never worked, just left 3 lines across the screen where the pressure was on the blade.I believe the wiper part is are AR24U.

Thanks all. It unexpectedly rained today (very annoying after washing the car Sunday...) and the wiper was utterly useless to the point of dangerous as I drove home in the sun with a fine spray regularly coating the windscreen.

The Bosch AR24U appears to be intended for BMWs, does that sound right? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-AR24U-Wiper-Blade/dp/B009E9EXO2

The famous Blinky at the other place suggested that on to me. I have one here that I never fitted, can check on Saturday when I get the car. Otherwise give silverstone a ring, sure they will confirm.

My wiper blade has seen 2,200 miles of fairly heavy use, especially in December and January. It's always worked well and it continues to do so.  :huh:

Maybe B&C fit a non-standard blade pre-sale...

Edited by BillTheButcher

Thanks all. It unexpectedly rained today (very annoying after washing the car Sunday...) and the wiper was utterly useless to the point of dangerous as I drove home in the sun with a fine spray regularly coating the windscreen.

The Bosch AR24U appears to be intended for BMWs, does that sound right? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-AR24U-Wiper-Blade/dp/B009E9EXO2

I can see from my order history this is the one I ordered. Will take the one off the car and compare over the weekend if you can hold on a few days?

I had the Bosch 24" on my S2 and that was great. Still a job I need to do on the V6.

I've put the Bosch AR24 on mine - it works ok in so far as due to the shape of the screen, the final 2 inches or so don't actually touch the screen.

The bit in the middle works ok though.

I've even just put a pair on my van - Euro car parts, the pair for £16.

Just put on a Bosch ar26u from Halfords, works great although final couple of inches don't touch screen. It's also quieter in operation. The original blade was poor.

I have the Bosch blade and the Gtechniq G4 and G5 to apply. Hopefully that'll sort any issues out :)

I use that, it's very good :)

Finally got round to fitting the Bosch AR24 at the weekend. So much better now.

I just put on the Bosch AR24U and it's so much better. Thanks for the advice guys.

The stock blade put a nice big scratch in my windscreen on one of the three pressure points, which I'm going to try and polish out.

I hope someone at Lotus is reading this cos it cost me $20 to replace and it's a million times better than the stock blade. It actually works!.

Edited by Lancelin2k7

The V6 Screen and wiper mechanism etc etc are the same as the S2 so anything that fits the S2 will fit the S3

My V6 wiper is very poor, exhibits the same 3 bands as mentioned above.

I think I'll give the Bosch AR24U ago too.  Could I just confirm the correct size ?  Is it the 24inch blade?

Thanks

Edited by CTRMint

Popped into Silverstone this morning and got them to fit a Bosch wiper blade. The one they fit is an AR26U. I assume this is slightly longer but the improvement is staggering. £17.28, a bargain.

Danny

I've got the Silverstone upgrade on mine and while it's definitely better than the OE one, it still smears really badly towards the top of the screen. Just like I found happened with my S2 in fact! May invest in some glass polish.

Will, you might find it helps if you carefully manipulate the shape (=bend) the very end of the blade to form a bit of curvature in the last couple of inches so the blade contours to the screen a bit better.