free hit
counters
crappy 'centre caps' - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
theelanman

crappy 'centre caps'

ok......so Ive had the wheels done at great expense....lol

put them back on.....good.....

put the wheels centre caps back.......they've horrid.......(well not horrid.....just crappy)

they've sort of delaminated.....theyre sort of opaque.....

what have others done.......(to have good looking caps but without buying a new set every year....)

my other cars don't have this problem...........

thanks

G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've had 5 different sets of wheels (4 cars and a set of winters) and none have deteriorated at all as far as I can remember and cars have been up to 4 years old.  What are you doing to them?  Having said that my car is garaged and not left out. 

I know they are not particularly cheap as some toerags nicked my front 2 when at a Supercar driving experience would you believe last summer. :realmad:

You sure you have originals and not cheap copies? My car lives outside and they haven't faded at all. They can fall out (track at Hethel is littered with them apparently) so may have been replaced.

Another thought I had was do you use a HP wash hose/gun?  My cars have only ever been hand washed and garden hose rinsed.

Mine are starting to look a bit dull... They are the centers on the Forged Motorsport. Was thinking just the same last week when I cleaned her!

Never used a jet wash, just AutoGlym car wash...

Always amazes me how badges always go wrong. Alfa, Porsche, Lotus and BMW's badges all go wrong sooner or later.

You sure you have originals and not cheap copies? My car lives outside and they haven't faded at all. They can fall out (track at Hethel is littered with them apparently) so may have been replaced.

Go for a walk and get some nice ones?

• Like 1