free hit
counters
[Ebay-bot] 1982 LOTUS ESPRIT TURBO DRY SUMP - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
ebay

[Ebay-bot] 1982 LOTUS ESPRIT TURBO DRY SUMP

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Saw car today looked lovely

No looked original

The seats and binnacle look slightly different colour but could be the camera but I wouldnt care. Looks really clean.

Edit looks more orig in second pic than the first. Still nice

Buddsy

Second picture truer than the other one

I thought all dry sump cars came with the ash trays in the sills?

:)

They did, and the black dash to stop the reflections was introduced 1986/7 model.

Round fresh air vents either side of transmission tunnel should be oblong not round - again from a later model.

Either way, if it's a dry sump car then I think it's a very good price. 

Definitely a dry sump

Looks very nice and very reasonably priced going on condition rather than mileage. It has later style of louvred rear panel too (with 2 supports per louvre instead of one).

Dry sumps need compomotives to finish them off and distinguish them from the later cars but I would say that wouldn't I?!

They did, and the black dash to stop the reflections was introduced 1986/7 model.

Round fresh air vents either side of transmission tunnel should be oblong not round . 

My Feb 85 has magnolia leather with black dash top and black binnacle and round vents .

Buddsy

My 82 has round air vents - only good for blowing cold air up your shorts.

Chris

only good for blowing cold air up your shorts.

Just what I like!  :D

Buddsy

Always struck me as strange as to why it is called a face level vent!

• Like 1

you are too tall for the car?

Looks like it has an HC front spoiler, the later front indicators and shouldn't the speakers be in the doors not dash this early on? However the most curious thing for me though is why is a dry sump Turbo Esprit on a Y plate. Can't imagine these were left hanging around back in the day and not being registered straight away. Would be interesting to find out the chassis number and does it match up with the engine number?

Edited by stephenwhyte
  • Like 1

The indicators I can understand being changed as the orig ones at not as easy to come by. 

There does seem to be a few things that makes this car look likes its had a bit of work here and there. That said for a car over 30 years old may simply be a a new front spoiler after a bash and a new interior at some stage?

Buddsy

My car is a 1982 dry sump. It must have been one of the last made.

:)

Classis number 1192 is the last one made I believe. Do you happen to know what your last 4 digits are Tim?

Edited by stephenwhyte

I agree with all the comments about it being a 30 year old car etc etc but if its being sold as a rare investment opportunity (i.e. a premium over a 'standard' 1982 car) a prospective buyer should at least be aware of what they're buying. It's not a private sale.

This of course might explain why it's cheaper than other dry sump Esprits that have sold recently. 

• Like 1

From my topic last year

Wet sump was introduced from VIN serial number 1261 but cars with AC had dry sumps a few months later than cars with just heaters.

My wet sump is 1349 (July 82), Engine made in June 82, . I also understand that some cars were fitted with dry sumps into 1983

Interesting - I had assumed because I know what the first Wet Sump engine number is that the one before it would have been the last Dry Sump. Clearly I've assumed wrong - oops.

I can confirm however that the first Wet Sump model was number 1193 - I had this confirmed by Andy Graham at Lotus as it's the car I'm hopefully going to own very soon

Edited by stephenwhyte