free hit
counters
2Bular - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I've got an Evora N/A and I've got Jim about to make my a 6'' twin backbox exhaust also buying the de-cat system from him, I'm doing the exhaust in stages as i can't afford to fork out all the thousands in one go,

does anyone on here have or know if the backbox and de cat system will help increase the sound of my Evora and make it heard now as its really quite at the moment. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have the single  6" back box system from Jim, with decat - works well - a good sound , but not too much when on the mway :thumbsup:

Hi Jordan,

Lots of posts in here about the sound and Jim's decat bypass alone makes the car sound awesome.  I had it on my N/A's along with the Lotus Sport Stage 1 upgraded box.  Overall sound was just right mix for me to use the car on long journeys up and down to Aberdeen and when pottering but loud when you wanted to razz it.

bibs, that video you posted sounds great however thats a full system, I'm going for the back box and de-cat at the moment, i was out on a run last sunday with Saj who has that red evora s and it does sound ridiculously good! 

Al, cheers for that, sounds like exactly what I'm wanting, something with a bit of noise to it but not too loud when driving on the motorways as it would get annoying on long journeys,  :unworthy:

My old n/a had decat and back box with a switchble straight through, great noise no drone, epic on bypas.

Gav

sounds exactly like what I'm looking for Gav :) cheers 

I like the sound of the valved system mentioned on 2bular website.

Coming 16th April it says?

6" with Decat. That's exactly what is on mine (the 6" box with the blue tips on Jims website is mine).

Its absolutely fine when pottering around and on motorway, but breach 3k and it starts to screem, lovely - the only problem is it makes me hang on to the low gears much more than before it was swapped over.

Make sure Jim knows it's for an N/A otherwise you may find the tips a bit long - I had to cut mine down by 2 inches. (The S has a longer diffuser)