free hit
counters
Eclat S2.2 required in the W. Yorks area? - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Eclat S2.2 required in the W. Yorks area?

Does anyone have one please that can be used for a small favour? No driving, won't be required for more than an hour or two.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I might be driving mine up to Glasgow the week after next and could possibly come the A1 route. What did you need?

Our car cover people just want to take some measurements, they're in Shipley but if it's too much of a pain, crack on. Appreciate the offer if you can make it?

If I do take the Eclat I'd be more than happy to drop in. I'll let you know. Don't suppose there's a car cover in it for me..?

S2 eclat is the same silhouette as the Series 1 (and the early excel without the rear wing).

Any eclat should fit the bill. (Or excel without a wing).

:-)

. (Or excel without a wing).

:-)

you are the Master of the Eclats. So if you if say, the rear bumpers of a S1 is the same like a S2 it takes me wonder... But inshallah.

Concerning the Excels: this is far out of any imagination. Have a look at your cars and compare the c post, the boots and bumpers and tell us honest, they are the same. And even then we haven't talked about the front...

Hi Don,

They are not quite the same

unless tailored very tightly.

Hi Dunc,

exactly this. The difference between a Halford unisex :D cover which fits nearly over all the same shapes and a tailor made cover is simply the amount of rubbing on the clear lacquer. One winter outside is usually enough to damage the clear coat badly, if it is not nearly 100% perfect aligned. This is the reason why it is worth to spend a small fortune on a special tailored cover, that it should fit like a glove over the car. With pure force you will get nearly any cover over it. But if it suits not perfect over it, it will damage the paint and occasionally stresses the mirrors, bumpers, spoilers and so on.

For a good protection of the car it really has to be “tailored very tightly”. And when they have done it using the wrong model shape, you wont get it over the car. Just the details you have summed up will make it good or worse. The result is: A perfect tailored S1 cover wont fit over a S2 and the same S2 cover wont fit over an Excel MY82. And the different MY of the Excel are not interchangeable too. If you claim to have for every model the exact (!) shape, you will get problems if you have only 1or2 basic shapes.

Mr Winterbottom has made a very special and unique design which has been developed several times with new style and function elements. And like a good designer, you have to follow the body exactly with the development it. It was Bernard Shaw who said the right words on it: “The only man I know who behaves sensibly is my tailor; he takes my measurements anew each time he sees me. The rest go on with their old measurements and expect me to fit them.”

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/24474-the-lotus-forums-shop/page-16#entry562516

Important note: This is no offence in direction to the cover supplier. teacher.gif These are just the facts which they are pretty much aware themselves. They are for sure pros in their business, as we are the pros in matters of our cars…

That said, there are only two ways: a cheap uni fit or an expensive tailored one. Nothing inbetween.

Does anyone have one please that can be used for a small favour? No driving, won't be required for more than an hour or two.

Free outdoor cover anyone? :D

Which Shipley? The one near Bradford?

Yup.

480 mile round trip... :-(

16 mpg :-(

What measurements do they need? I'm keen to help, but its a hike from Surrey and 8 hours behind the wheel.

D

Free £249 car cover anyone?

That would be very handy to stop my Riviera from degrading more outside whilst it is waiting to be worked on :w00t:

I think you need to read the topic title more carefully! :lol:

Worth a go :whistle: Are you still after a car??? That's been a loooooong time!

I am, hence keep posting in this topic. Can you get your car to West Yorkshire sometime soon?

Highly unlikely to be any time soon.... It is a total rebuild project.  I would be surprised if it had been run with any regularity in the last few years.