free hit
counters
Water/Meth Injection for Exige V6S? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bloke79

Water/Meth Injection for Exige V6S?

Hi Guys,

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just looking for ways to make the Exige V6 a it more consistent on the race track.

Was at a trackday a few weekends ago where I was seeing ambient temps above 30deg C and obviously with no intercooler, performance definitely dropped off as the day got hotter.

As such - I was wondering whether anyone has invested either Water Injection or Water/Meth injection (either on the Exige S or the Evora S).  Would be a big help on hot days, and for those with the Komotec aftermarket kits (With additional boost) would make an even bigger benefit to keep power consistent.

I know Aquamist do a kit which is of high quality, and there's space in the boot for a 4 Litre container (Which should last at LEAST a full track day).

Appreciate your thoughts?

Cheers,

matt

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My experience of water injection was on a rotary - it worked to keep intake temps down, but I lost power noticeably when it kicked in. I don't know if this would be the same on a piston engine. This was with water, not meth. I certainly got through more than 5L on a trackday too!

Water injection is good but you need a new mapping for the Ecu to take full advantage of it ,with no tuning for the water methanol you could lose some power...

Thanks guys - sounds like it's a probably a bit too much trouble.

I think it's a great idea and Komotec should be looking into it, sounds like a really neat fix for uprated engines which suffer from heat soak more than the standard set up (which has worked well to date).